Once you have been bitten by a rabid animal it takes sometime symptoms to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a famous case of a teenage girl (15 if I remember correctly) that was the first confirmed case of a person who survived rabies after symptoms were already present. A genius doctor treated her with an experimental procedure that is now used to give a slight chance of survival. It's not really a cure per se, but it's better than death.

My knowledge may be outdated, though; It's been a while.

EDIT: A link for those who are curious.

You are right but when she resuscitated she had to learn everything again speaking, walking etc. she was all blank when she woke up from coma.

No, read about it on the internet and you will find out that usually people die within two weeks once symptoms have appeared but exceptions are always there.

In your first post, you said they usually died within a few days of being bitten, not that they died within a few days of symptoms appearing. That's the lack of logic we were talking about.

No. Read about it on the internet, and you will find out that usually people die within two weeks once symptoms have appeared, but there are always exceptions.

I'm still confused. I was thinking that death comes only two to three days after the appearance of symptoms.

Last edited:
You are right, but when she resuscitated she had to learn everything again -- speaking, walking, etc. She was a blank when she woke up from a coma.

Depressing stuff.
:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back