Native Language
Finnish
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
Hello.
On this topic, I'm going to publish my texts from 750words.com
My goal is to improve my writing skills before I'm going to open my own blog.

These texts are spell-checked and fixed with help of [name of site removed], [name of site removed] and [web address removed].

Feel free to give any kind of advice and tips how I can become a better writer. Reveal my typos, proofread, rewrite etc. Tips to be a more creative? Any kind of help is very welcome.

So here is my text of 06.10.2017:

DAY 1#

So, let's begin my writing journey with 750words.com, that will not come very easy. I'm non-native English speaker and my English skills are not very good, especially in writing English. So let's start. What I would talk about. So, my main reason to start writing in English is that I'm interested to open a travel blog. And of course, after that, I'm into doing more writing including job besides all my other things to do.
I found out very interesting topic. There are many websites online which promise to pay you a good amount of money for writing articles for them. Sounds good, and that motivates me to practise my writing English skills. I have written every day for 1 month, and I have already realized how much my writings improved, it's very motivating.
So, what I need to do for improving my writing skills? I'm studying grammar and vocabulary each day. They would be a most important thing to know if I want to start my career as a professional writer. That will be an interesting journey. And of course reading a different kind of books, articles etc. is a very important task to do as well.

When I started to write in English one month ago, it seemed impossible to do. But I made my decision to be a good writer, and I'm going to keep that promise to myself. I'm that kind of personality, if I decide something, I'm going to keep it. There are not any excuses at all about that.

Today I went to the library
for borrow a book named "creative writing". I started to read that and it seems very interesting book. Hope that will help me a lot to start as a creative writer on every topic what I'm ever going to choose to write about. But I'm interested to write about anything business related articles, e-books, blog posts and so forth because about those topics I already know something. Of course, when I'm getting more knowledge and experience of other topics as travelling, health and fitness and many other things, I'm ready to write about them also.

So, now I'm going to achieve half of my writing challenge, this is a 377´th word what I wrote about. Now it's going to be a little bit more challenging. My head is so empty, but still going and trying to spit out something even semi-smart stuff out of my head.

Now, English doesn't feel like so difficult anymore if you stopping to care if you make any mistakes or fails. It's relaxing to type text on the screen and continuing not matter at all what BS is coming out from your fingers.
Hopefully, there will be some kind-hearted person who will check my text and tells me what kind of mistakes I've made, and through that, I will improve myself to be a better writer. I'm still at the beginning, but I'm coming from here and going to show everyone how hard-working person I am when I want to achieve something.

Let's talk about my English learning routines. I have their own software for grammar and vocabulary. And of course for writing as well. [name of website removed] is a very good place to improve your writing, and of course, this 750words.com also, where I'm taking this writing challenge at this moment. For vocabulary learning, I use [name of website removed] and [name of app removed] (app from Google store). And for grammar learning, I use point-of-view-stories (recommended by [name of website removed]. Those point-of-view stories you can find from [name of app removed] (app from Google store). Those methods are very helpful to improve your writings, I can recommend. But best practice to learn to write English is to read as much as possible. My favourite author is Stephen King, try to search his pieces of advice on how to get success as a writer, very good tips I will say.

Now I'm going to end this writing, I'm vicinity 750 words written. My first challenge day, very enthusiastic. I can continue tomorrow and take my second challenge for my journey to become a professional English writer. After that, there will be open many doors for me to choose what direction I'm going to get my businesses. English is very important in these days, and I'm definitely going to catch that skill in my hands and use that for my own purposes. See you a tomorrow, goodbye.

Last edited:
BadEnglishGuy, you say your piece was spell-checked and "fixed" with the help of several websites/apps (the names of which I have removed from your original). What do you mean by "fixed"? Spell-checking is one thing (though it can be done by your browser easily enough) but I am concerned about the "fixing" issue.
You will be aware that we consistently discourage learners from using websites which claim/aim to correct and repair their writing, particularly when they are going to submit their work to a teacher. It is right that you admit in your post that the pieces you post to 750words.com are not entirely your own work and that you have used external sites to fix them, but please don't direct other users to those sites. I have removed all mentions of such sites from your original. A cynical person might have taken your post to be one huge advert for those sites.

Last edited:
BadEnglishGuy, you say your piece was spell-checked and "fixed" with the help of several websites/apps (the names of which I have removed from your original). What do you mean by "fixed"? Spell-checking is one thing (though it can be done by your browser easily enough) but I am concerned about the "fixing" issue.

I understand, sorry for that.
I mean I use those softwares to help me to write in English as a non-native person for correcting my spellings (for example IS->ARE, A->AN/THE, PLAY->PLAYING etc) only as a writing aid.

I'm not an affiliate of any of those websites what I mentioned. Just mentioned if it will help to understand my habits to proofread and spell-check my writings. Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.
[STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] In this [STRIKE]topic[/STRIKE] thread, I'm going to publish my texts from 750words.com
My goal is to improve my writing skills before [STRIKE]I'm going to open[/STRIKE] I start my own blog.

These texts are spell-checked and fixed with the help of [name of site removed], [name of site removed] and [web address removed].

Feel free to give any kind of advice and tips on how I can become a better writer. [STRIKE]Reveal[/STRIKE] Please point out my typos, proofread, rewrite etc, and give me tips on how to be a more creative. Any kind of help is very welcome.

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] Here is my text [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] ​for/from 06.10.2017:

DAY 1(no need for #)

[strike]So,[/strike] Let's begin my writing journey with 750words.com. [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] This will not [STRIKE]come[/STRIKE] be very easy. I'm a non-native English speaker and my [STRIKE]English[/STRIKE] skills are not very good, especially in [STRIKE]writing[/STRIKE] written English. [STRIKE]So let's start.[/STRIKE] What will/can I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] talk about? [STRIKE]So,[/STRIKE] My main reason [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for [STRIKE]start writing[/STRIKE] starting to write in English is that I'm interested [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in opening a travel blog. [STRIKE]And of course, after that,[/STRIKE] Also, I'm [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] interested in doing more writing on other topics. [STRIKE]including job besides all my other things to do.[/STRIKE]

I have found [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] something very interesting. [STRIKE]topic.[/STRIKE] There are many websites online which promise to pay you a [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] large amount of money for writing articles for them. That sounds good, and [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it is what motivates me to practise my [STRIKE]writing[/STRIKE] written English skills. I have written every day for [STRIKE]1[/STRIKE] one/a month, and I have already realized how much my writing's improved; it's very motivating.

So, what do I need to do [STRIKE]for improving[/STRIKE] to improve my writing skills? I'm studying grammar and vocabulary each day. They [STRIKE]would be[/STRIKE] are [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the most important things to [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] master if I want to start my career as a professional writer. [STRIKE]That[/STRIKE] This will be an interesting journey. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] Of course, reading [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] different kinds of books, articles etc. is [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] very important task [STRIKE]to do[/STRIKE] as well.

When I started to write in English one month ago, it seemed impossible [STRIKE]to do.[/STRIKE] but I made [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the decision to be a good writer, and I'm going to keep that promise to myself. I'm that kind of [STRIKE]personality[/STRIKE] person - if I decide something, [STRIKE]I'm going to keep[/STRIKE] I do it. There are [STRIKE]not any[/STRIKE] no excuses. [STRIKE]at all about that.[/STRIKE]

Today, I went to the library [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to borrow a book named "Creative Writing". I started to read [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it and it seems very interesting. [STRIKE]book.[/STRIKE] I hope that it will help me a lot to start as a creative writer on every topic [STRIKE]what[/STRIKE] I'm ever going to choose to write about. But I'm interested [STRIKE]to write[/STRIKE] in writing about anything - business-related articles, e-books, blog posts and so forth because [STRIKE]about those topics[/STRIKE] I already know something about those topics. Of course, when [STRIKE]I'm getting[/STRIKE] I have more knowledge and experience of other topics, such as travelling, health and fitness, [STRIKE]and many other things,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] I will be ready to write about them also.

[STRIKE]So, now[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]I'm going to achieve[/STRIKE] I have completed half of my first writing challenge. This is a [STRIKE]377´th[/STRIKE] 377-word piece [STRIKE]what[/STRIKE] that I wrote. [STRIKE]about.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Now[/STRIKE] It's [STRIKE]going to be a little bit more[/STRIKE] very challenging. My head is so empty, but I'm still going [STRIKE]and trying[/STRIKE] to try to spit out something even semi-smart [STRIKE]stuff[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]out of my head[/STRIKE] from my brain.

Please see my corrections, queries and suggested changes above. You overuse the words "that" and "now".
There are some logic problems - you start the piece saying it's a 377-word piece but end it saying it's in the vicinity of 750 words. Which is it? Also, in the final paragraph you appear to suggest that many doors will start to open for you after you complete Day 2 of the challenge. I'm sure that's not what you mean.

I've had to split my reply in half because there is a limit on how many words can appear in one post. The second half is in my next response.

Second half:

[STRIKE]Now,[/STRIKE] English doesn't feel [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] so difficult anymore if you [STRIKE]stopping to care[/STRIKE] stop caring if you make any mistakes. [STRIKE]or fails.[/STRIKE] It's relaxing to type text on the screen and [STRIKE]continuing[/STRIKE] to continue [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] no matter [STRIKE]at all[/STRIKE] what [STRIKE]BS[/STRIKE] rubbish is coming out. [STRIKE]from your fingers.[/STRIKE]
Hopefully, there will be some kind-hearted person who will check my text and [STRIKE]tells[/STRIKE] tell me what kind of mistakes I've made (no comma here) and, through that, I will improve [STRIKE]myself to[/STRIKE] and become a better writer. I'm still at the beginning, but I'm coming from here (I don't understand the underlined part) and I'm going to show everyone how hard-working [STRIKE]person[/STRIKE] I am when I want to achieve something.

Let's talk about my English-learning routines. I [STRIKE]have their own[/STRIKE] use some software for grammar and vocabulary and, of course, for writing as well. [name of website removed] is a very good place to improve your writing, and [STRIKE]of course, this[/STRIKE] so is 750words.com [STRIKE]also,[/STRIKE] where I'm taking this writing challenge. [STRIKE]at this moment.[/STRIKE] For vocabulary [STRIKE]learning[/STRIKE], I use [name of website removed] and [name of app removed] (app from Google store). [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] For grammar [STRIKE]learning[/STRIKE], I use point-of-view-stories (recommended by [name of website removed]. You can find those point-of-view stories [STRIKE]you can find[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] on [name of app removed] (app from Google store). Those methods are very helpful to improve your [STRIKE]writings,[/STRIKE] writing and I can recommend them. [STRIKE]But[/STRIKE] Best practice [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] when learning to write English is to read as much as possible. My favourite author is Stephen King. [STRIKE]try[/STRIKE] I have read [STRIKE]to search his pieces of[/STRIKE] his advice on how to [STRIKE]get success as[/STRIKE] become a successful writer - very good tips I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] must say.

[STRIKE]Now[/STRIKE] I'm going to end [STRIKE]this writing,[/STRIKE] here, [STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] in the vicinity of 750 words. [STRIKE]written.[/STRIKE] My first challenge day is complete and I'm very enthusiastic. I [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] will continue tomorrow [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] with my second challenge [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] on my journey to [STRIKE]become[/STRIKE] becoming a professional English writer. After that, [STRIKE]there will be open many doors[/STRIKE] many doors will open for me and I will be able to choose what direction I'm going to [STRIKE]get[/STRIKE] take my businesses. English is very important [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] these days, and I'm definitely going to [STRIKE]catch[/STRIKE] master that skill [STRIKE]in my hands[/STRIKE] and use [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it for my own purposes. See you [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] tomorrow. Goodbye.

These are my corrections to the second half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back