Much or A Lot 2

She doesn't have ___ free time

• Total voters
wow! there's so much to learn here.

how about this one...
me and my friends were playing cards. the moment I laid my cards, I shouted "I win!". He told me that it should be "I won!". Please enlighten me.

thanks

what is diffrent between A lot of and lots of ?

wow! there's so much to learn here.

how about this one...
me and my friends were playing cards. the moment I laid my cards, I shouted "I win!". He told me that it should be "I won!". Please enlighten me.

thanks
Your friend is a sore loser.
;-)

Q: What is the difference between a lot of and lots of?
A: Not much.

:)

A careful speaker will say "My friends and I were playing cards" but "Me and my friends...." (Ugh!) is often used.

~R

A careful speaker will say "My friends and I were playing cards" but "Me and my friends...." (Ugh!) is often used.

~R

Should it be "a careful speaker will not say ... but ... ," or am I wrong? :roll:

i didn't under stand ! .. shall he say " i won " or " i win " ??? :)

Say "I won!" or "I win!" Both are used.

I remember that a lot of = lots of. The only difference is what word you like using.
Ps: i guess so.

Much is used for uncountable nouns. Time is an uncountable noun. We cannot say times. So we use much. (for countable nouns we use many)

A lot of is used for both countable and uncountable nouns.

So, we can use both of them. Am I right?

Much is used for uncountable nouns. Time is an uncountable noun. We cannot say times. So we use much. (for countable nouns we use many)

A lot of is used for both countable and uncountable nouns.

So, we can use both of them. Am I right?
Yes. you are right. Say:
She doesn't have much free time.

Or:

She doesn't have a lot of free time.

"She doesn't have much free time"

I think this is right, am not much confidant in it. might be this is correct answer. Please tell me the right answer and give me suggestion for it because am a beginner to this language.

and please give me some of the useful tutorial links for me , it might be very useful for my studies.
===========================================================
william patrick,

Last edited by a moderator:
am not sure about the answer, but i think it is much.:?:

Say:
She doesn't have much free time

or

She doesn't have a lot of free time

?. Sorry, don't understand the question. A little more information please, then maybe we can help.

Re: Much , Many , A lot of

hi,

I have a question about Much,Many & A lot of :

Much is used for uncountable nouns that sentence is negative ; and

A lot of is used for both countable and uncountable nouns,

in both positive and negative sentence.

and many is used for countable nouns ,

in both positive and negative sentence.

am i right ?

Please tell me the right answer .

Thanks .

Re: Much , Many , A lot of

I, a native [U.S.] speaker, would say "I have a lot of problems," and "We got a lot of snow." And I would say ""I haven't got many problems," and "We didn't get much snow." But there is pretty wide variation in this area, so if you can, ask more speakers.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back