Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi All,

I am researching a bit about BPO sector and am confused about some aspects of it. Specifically I am confused about what constitutes an fatal-error and what is the difference between a fatal error and Mother-tongue influence? Also I would like to know what are trainable and non-trainable errors and are non-trainable equivalent to fatal errors?

Thanks,
Nitesh

Hi All,

I am researching a bit about BPO sector and am confused about some aspects of it. Specifically I am confused about what constitutes an fatal-error and what is the difference between a fatal error and Mother-tongue influence? Also I would like to know what are trainable and non-trainable errors and are non-trainable equivalent to fatal errors?

Thanks,
Nitesh

I don't really understand your question. What does this have to do with the English language? BPO sector appears to be "Business Process Outsourcing". Can you give us the contexts and the full sentences where you encountered "fatal error" and "mother-tongue influence" as part of Business Process Outsourcing?

Are you talking about call centres based outside the country in which they operate?

I don't really understand your question. What does this have to do with the English language? BPO sector appears to be "Business Process Outsourcing". Can you give us the contexts and the full sentences where you encountered "fatal error" and "mother-tongue influence" as part of Business Process Outsourcing?

Are you talking about call centres based outside the country in which they operate?

Thanks for the reply, let me elaborate, I am asking this in-terms of BPO's who hire/train students for there English-speaking skills where English is not there native language, specifically in the case of India where English is the second-language of people. The BPOs will classify some errors as fatal and cannot be trained while others are trainable. Is there any specific phonemes which are harder to learn than others?

And is that the same as the influence of MTI?.

Thanks,
Nitesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back