Love/want/need

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard that song but thanks.
That's a mixed message. I'd suggest either:
"I have never heard that song, so thanks."
"I have heard that song before, but thanks."

'I have never heard that song and have no interest in it, but thanks.'
I think the above makes sense too, but I am not a teacher.

'I have never heard that song and have no interest in it, but thanks.'
I think the above makes sense too, but I am not a teacher.
Sure, but the 'but' refers to the not being interested. Your additional clause seems to imply that since he has not heard of the song before, it's not useful. I think that the opposite would be more likely, on the grounds that being given information that you don't already have is more useful than stuff you already know.

I don't think either of them implied that the song was not useful. They just said they were not interested in it. There are many useful things that I am not interested in.

No, mawes did not say he was not interested. In any case, I'm losing interest.

I think I was trying to say I have never heard that song but thanks for showing me. Is that understandable?

I don't understand why you used 'but', but I am not a teacher.

I think I used it because I didn't expect him to post a song. Is it correct?

Not a teacher.

I think this is what mawes had in mind - I have never heard that song and I am not keen to listen to it, but thanks.

Someone else would say : I have never heard that song and I'd love to listen to it, so thanks.

I haven't heard it yet but I think I will and to me music is good to listen but it isn't important.

Another example of how abstract these words are is "want to", "love to", "need to", "hate to", & "have to" and I understand them but I don't see the action.

Nobody said there was action.

Nobody said there was action.
I didn't say it was but I want to know if there is another way to describe it with action words. Do you understand?

I understand the question, but I have no answer.

I want to know if there is another way to describe it with action words.
How could it be described with action words when it doesn't involve action?

How could it be described with action words when it doesn't involve action?

What you said is true but it's a verb and I think there is a lot of words to describe "love" like "staring lovely" or "thinking lovely about something/someone".

Do you agree?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back