Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
It's such a wonderful catch-up today. I'm looking forward for the next one coming up in July.

1. Is the above sentences correct?
2. Can I replace "looking forward" by "look forward"?
3. Can I replace "catch-up" by "catch up"?

Thanks.

It's such a wonderful catch-up today. I'm looking forward for the next one coming up in July.

1. Are the above sentences correct?
2. Can I replace "looking forward" by "look forward"?
3. Can I replace "catch-up" by "catch up"?

No, they aren't. In what context do you want to say this? Please make your meaning clear before we consider the other questions.

Note that we look forward to something.

No, they aren't. In what context do you want to say this? Please make your meaning clear before we consider the other questions.

Note that we look forward to something.

It's a message sent to all participants of a catch up to express how much I enjoyed the time with them and looked forward to anorher catch up in July.

It's a message sent to all participants of a catch up to express how much I enjoyed the time with them and looked forward to anorher catch up in July.

What's a catch-up? (Note the hyphen, which I would always use if I were using the term as a noun.)

It was such a wonderful catch-up today. I'm looking forward to the next one coming up in July.

1. Is the above sentences correct? It is now.
2. Can I replace "looking forward" by "look forward"? No. 'I'm look forward' is ungrammatical.
3. Can I replace "catch-up" by "catch up"? No. You need the noun catch-up; catch up is a phrasal verb.
`

Unless you're texting during the meeting, use the past tense.

You can, though the present progressive works better for me in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back