Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
1-Is lexical approach used in the same language scope ? The words in English and the synonym or phrases in English too. For example, I want to see the film (movie) another example, I am really happy about your graduation (bouncing off the wall)

2-If my memory serves, I have read one book in which the author used lexical approach between two language. The book is mainly written in Arabic , but some words were defined in English. Is that also fall under Lexical approach?

For example, I want to book a flight ( رحلة)

Another example, I rarely see new faces since I had moved to this village (قرية)

I think it can be used between two different languages for EFL students or educational purposes as in two.

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. The lexical approach is an approach to teaching. It has nothing to do with translation.

Try asking again.

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. The lexical approach is an approach to teaching. It has nothing to do with translation.

Try asking again.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your contributions .

Yes it is used in teaching. Can it be used to teach within the same language English to English students to familiarize them with phrases and idioms and expand their vocabulary as in one. And can it be used from English to Arabic as it helps EFL students to learn English through Arabic or any other language.

Thank you.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your contributions.
Don't put a space before a full stop.
Yes, it is used in teaching. Can it be used to teach within the same language, such as English-to-English students to familiarize them with phrases and idioms and expand their vocabulary as in one? And Can it be used from English to Arabic as it helps EFL students to learn English through Arabic or any other language?
@mrmvp Please take care with your punctuation. I've just read three of your threads and each one contains at least one question that doesn't end with a question mark, and several sentences that lack a closing full stop.
In the paragraph above, you omitted two question marks.
I don't know what the underlined part means.
The last question is unclear (to me).
Thank you.
Don't thank us in advance for anything! Simply add the "Thank" icon to any response you find helpful.

Don't put a space before a full stop.

@mrmvp Please take care with your punctuation. I've just read three of your threads and each one contains at least one question that doesn't end with a question mark, and several sentences that lack a closing full stop.
In the paragraph above, you omitted two question marks.
I don't know what the underlined part means.

I mean by the underlined part number one in the first post.

The last question is unclear (to me).

As far as I know is that lexical approach is used in language teaching from English to English, but I read a book and in that book the writer used the lexical approach to teach students writing in English. The book is entirely in Arabic language, but some words were written in English. He mentioned in the beginning of the book that the book used the lexical approach. I didn't know that the lexical approach can be used from two different languages like Arabic and English. I thought that it is only used to within the same language, expanding students vocabulary and phrases. For example, I was excited
(thrilled) to see the Pyramids. The word thrilled is a partial synonym for the word "excited". This lexical approach example is used in English language with no interference of any other language like Arabic.

The book name is "Novice Writers' Guide" by "Antar Abdellah.I will attached pictures of the book mentioned lexical approach from Arabic to English.

Don't thank us in advance for anything! Simply add the "Thank" icon to any response you find helpful.
Sorry if I keep writing "thanks" and acknowledge words. This is last thing I can express my gratitude to you, @emsr2d2 and @jutfrank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240612-043038.png
    Screenshot_20240612-043038.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240612-042956.png
    Screenshot_20240612-042956.png
    535.4 KB · Views: 2

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back