Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Is this grammatically correct?

One of the main advantages of getting an education abroad is the opportunity to communicate with people from different cultures and enhance your learning. It’s very crucial for the development of one’s personality if one gets the knowledge from people who belong to other cultures.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, irfan yaqub. :)
Is this grammatically correct? Start every sentence with a capital letter.

It’s very crucial for the development of one’s personality if one gets the knowledge from people who belong to other cultures.
Who wrote that sentence?

If you wrote it yourself, in what context?

Thanks for the reply. yeah, I should have sent it with context. Now i just have updated the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. yeah, I should have sent it with provided some context. Now I just have just updated the question.
Please don't edit posts once they have responses. It makes things very confusing.
Note my corrections above.

Please don't edit posts once they have responses. It makes things very confusing.
Note my corrections above.
Yeah, You are right sir. Next time I will avoid such things. Can you please check the grammar of my question too?

Yeah, Yes, you are right. sir. Next time, I will avoid such things. Can you please check the grammar of my question too?

Note my corrections above. Don't write "Yeah". We ask all members to use standard English here. The word is "Yes". Don't refer to users as "Sir". Not only is it overly formal but it suggests you assume we are all male. We are not.

Your original is too wordy. You appear to simply be saying "It's important for personal development to mix with [people from] other cultures". Is that what you mean?

Don't say very crucial, since 'crucial' is an extreme adjective. You can say either very important or just crucial.

Note my corrections above. Don't write "Yeah". We ask all members to use standard English here. The word is "Yes". Don't refer to users as "Sir". Not only is it overly formal but it suggests you assume we are all male. We are not.

Your original is too wordy. You appear to simply be saying "It's important for personal development to mix with [people from] other cultures". Is that what you mean?
Yes, I meant that and thank you so much for clarifying it.

Note that "personal development" isn't the same as "development of one's personality".

Did you mean to say it's crucial to the development of one's personality to mingle with people from other cultures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back