is with plural

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have any problems with PelajarBaru, he was very kind to me.

I guess some things just went wrong in this thread, and some sentences were taken too personal (especially the racism which has never existed here... in my opinion.)

Cheers!

I don't normally look to see what a person's nationality is before responding to a question. I suspect that may be true of others as well.

There is nothing wrong with somebody asking for the OP's opinion first. It is a common teaching technique.

I think Barb's responses to the questions are probably the most useful.

My two cents:
I would probably say something like: "There's an apple on the table. There are two bananas as well."
:)

Hello,

I am The French, I believe sometimes people can have a bad interpretation about the answers, because they are short and terse. I hope this person will be back.

I am sure nobody wants to be rude or hard with him.

Have a nice day.
:-D

What about this, euncu?

And by the way:
PelajarBaru has left the forums because a moderator (whose name I won't be telling you) directly insulted him via private messages.
Sad sad... :-|

Cheers!

No point in hiding the names. We exchanged about 20 PMs last night, in which I told him that being accused of racism is highly insulting. I thought to keep private messages private, but apparently that feeling isn't shared. (I don't refer to you, Nightmare, but to the person who decided to selectively share what I wrote.)

For the record, being told to make your best effort is not something I will ever consider a discriminatory insult. On the other hand, being told that I am someone who does discriminate IS insulting.

Here's a fact: If you are convinced that people are out to get you, are looking to insult you, are discriminating against you, then you will find such evidence, even if none exists.

If he left the forums after the many exchanges we had last night, then may he find an environment more suitable to his sensitivities elsewhere.

Oddly, after our final exchange of PMs, I thought he was calm again. I'm surprised to hear he's packed his things and left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back