International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Be real, for successfully making a quick visit at IC. Way to go!:up:

Congratulations Hanky, for congrautlating others at IC.
Way to go!:up:

I nominate Hanky for "Humblest Person of the Year Award"! :)

Way to go, Hanky!

Hi everyone !!

remember me ? :roll:

I'm soo0o0o0o0oo angry now :-? !! the ESP teacher (ESP : English for Special Purpose) asked us to to write an essay about the Victorian era and I spent long 2 hours in that ..and when I arrived in class I relized that I've forgoten my essay in the hostel :shock: :-? ... hfffff

anyway,
Happy Saturday to all !!!!!!

see you soon !

Hi everyone !!

remember me ? :roll:

I'm soo0o0o0o0oo angry now :-? !! the ESP teacher (ESP : English for Special Purpose) asked us to to write an essay about the Victorian era and I spent long 2 hours in that ..and when I arrived in class I relized that I've forgoten my essay in the hostel :shock: :-? ... hfffff

anyway,
Happy Saturday to all !!!!!!

see you soon !
Happy Sunday, though only 9 hours left.
And Be Real, we do remember you.
And we shall also see you too soon.

Yesterday I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" in English with subtitles.
I loved it.

It is a bit different from the book (wich I've read) but it is really a good film.

I loved it.

It is a bit different from the book (wich I've read) but it is really a good film.

Yeah... totally agree with you, Sim. The film is brilliant both plot and creative idea.

I'm about to ask Sudh here how Slumdog Millionaire is doing in India. I wish it hit the Indian box office. ;-)

Yeah... totally agree with you, Sim. The film is brilliant both plot and creative idea.

I'm about to ask Sudh here how Slumdog Millionaire is doing in India. I wish it hit the Indian box office. ;-)
Happy Monday to all.
The Slumdog Millionaire is picking up now. But most of the people wish to watch it on Video. And again the "Jai ho" song written by Gulzar and composed by Rahman is doing great. Ringtones of mobiles are playing the song, the Vividhbharti(popular Radio channel) is playing the song, you can listen it in Hotel lobbies, Airport lounge, Railway stations, Home.................ofiice............. everywhere it is "Jai ho"(literally meaning Jai: Vicotry ho: be>>>> be victorious).

Hi everyone again !

here's BeReal !! >> suddenly I became like busy Sim :roll:, at least he finds time to talk about movies, BTW, the Slumdog Millionaire is hitting the movie theates here ;-):up:

Happy Monday, all!

BR

Hi everyone again !

here's BeReal !! >> suddenly I became like busy Sim :roll:, at least he finds time to talk about movies, BTW, the Slumdog Millionaire is hitting the movie theates here ;-):up:

Happy Monday, all!

BR
Are people enjoying the movie?

Happy Monday to all.
The Slumdog Millionaire is picking up now. But most of the people wish to watch it on Video. And again the "Jai ho" song written by Gulzar and composed by Rahman is doing great. Ringtones of mobiles are playing the song, the Vividhbharti(popular Radio channel) is playing the song, you can listen it in Hotel lobbies, Airport lounge, Railway stations, Home.................ofiice............. everywhere it is "Jai ho"(literally meaning Jai: Vicotry ho: be>>>> be victorious).

Thanks, Sudh! I'm really into Indian culture! I've seen almost 60 Bollywood movies (I guess)!

Devdas is the best (for me:cool:)!

I loved it.

The writer of the original book is not happy with the title being changed from "Q & A" to "Slumdog Millionaire".
Strange world!:roll:

Hi everyone again !

Happy Monday, all!

BR

It seems we all became busy Sim including me sometimes. :lol:

Thanks, Sudh! I'm really into Indian culture! I've seen almost 60 Bollywood movies (I guess)!

Devdas is the best (for me:cool:)!
Thanks Supada, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam share many things with Indian culture and language, apart from Lord Buddha and Buddhism.
Whenever I read your name, which literally means "Su" => Good + Pada => Verses, Supada=> nice verses, in Samskrit language.
I believe there are many temples in Thailand, and the Royal priest is Hindu.

By the way, which Bollywood movies have you seen?
Have you seen "Anand", based on a cancer patient's story and has Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan in the leading roles?

Thanks Supada, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam share many things with Indian culture and language, apart from Lord Buddha and Buddhism.
Whenever I read your name, which literally means "Su" => Good + Pada => Verses, Supada=> nice verses, in Samskrit language.
I believe there are many temples in Thailand, and the Royal priest is Hindu.

By the way, which Bollywood movies have you seen?
Have you seen "Anand", based on a cancer patient's story and has Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan in the leading roles?

It's good to know that actually my name derived from Sanskrit language because in Thai, it means 'Goodness.' My Indian friend told me that Suvarnabhumi (airport) has the same meaning in Sanskrit as well.

I haven't seen any Bollywood movies ever since I've been in the US. I've been trying to watch Bollywood movies online but there wasn't one. Too bad. There are another two I really love which are Umrao Jaan and Chokher Bali.:-D

It's good to know that actually my name derived from Sanskrit language because in Thai, it means 'Goodness.' My Indian friend told me that Suvarnabhumi (airport) has the same meaning in Sanskrit as well.

I haven't seen any Bollywood movies ever since I've been in the US. I've been trying to watch Bollywood movies online but there wasn't one. Too bad. There are another two I really love which are Umrao Jaan and Chokher Bali.:-D
Dear Supada, "Suvarnabhumi" is also from Samskrit language.
Suvarna => Golden + Bhumi => Land, thus the meaning would be Golden land, which you refer as Airport. Is the term Suvarnabhumi name of Thailand airport or Airports called Suvarnabhumi in Thai language?

By the way, Chokher Bali is a Bengali language movie, whil Umrao Jaan is Hindi language movie, starring Rekha in the lead role.

Dear Supada, "Suvarnabhumi" is also from Samskrit language.
Suvarna => Golden + Bhumi => Land, thus the meaning would be Golden land, which you refer as Airport. Is the term Suvarnabhumi name of Thailand airport or Airports called Suvarnabhumi in Thai language?

By the way, Chokher Bali is a Bengali language movie, whil Umrao Jaan is Hindi language movie, starring Rekha in the lead role.

Yes, it is the same term in Sanskrit, Sudh. :up: Its meaning is really beautiful.

Chokher Bali has a wonderful dialogue in my opinion. :up::-D I've read the novel (in Thai) as well. :up::up::up::up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back