Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I can use my time much better working on tomorrow's problem than by fretting about yesterday's. Beside, if I let "those things get me", I wouldn't last long.

This is a quote from the book "How To Stop Worrying And Start Living".

What does this line mean "if I let those things get me"?

Have you looked up the different meanings of "get" in the dictionary?

I can't believe you've failed to give the name of the author AGAIN!!!!! Edit post #1 to add it as soon as possible.

I can't believe you've failed to give the name of the author AGAIN!!!!! Edit post #1 to add it as soon as possible.
Dale Carnegie is the name and it is the same book "How To Stop Worrying And Start Living".

I think it's normally "get to me," but "get me" is easily understood in the context.
It means "get in my head" or bother me".Am I correct?

If you said something got in your head I would think you were thinking about it.

If something gets to you it bothers you, yes.

Dale Carnegie is the name and it is the same book "How To Stop Worrying And Start Living".
Don't say you found things in "the same book". Assume that everyone reading any of your posts has never read any others. You have to give all the relevant information in post #1 of every new thread.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back