I need to check whether this what's app message is completely correct according to the English language.

Aro B

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Sri Lanka
The following is a WhatsApp message for a youtube video. I require to check if the grammar and usage of words are correct, especially the usage of "INSPITE OF" in the context of the message.
The message -

The recent incidents that revolved around the Olympics 2024 were humiliating and shameful for all Catholics who love righteous. INSPITE OF manifesting hatred against Our Lord, the concluding ceremony was used to proclaim the satanic dark plans of the enemies of Christ.
Do watch and share this video as it deals about a persecution planned and launched against the Church.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Aro B.

Please always give us the source and author of any quote you ask us about.
I have updated my question. I am the author of this message. It is a WhatsApp message for a video.

The following is a WhatsApp message for a YouTube video. I require need to check if the grammar and usage of words are correct, especially the usage of "IN space here SPITE OF" in the context of the message.
The message -

"The recent incidents that revolved around the Olympics 2024 were humiliating and shameful for all Catholics who love righteous. INSPITE OF In spite of manifesting hatred against Our Lord, the concluding closing ceremony was used to proclaim the satanic dark plans of the enemies of Christ.
Do watch and share this video as it deals about a with persecution planned and launched against the Church."
Please note my corrections above. I don't know what you mean by the underlined part.

You haven't used the phrase correctly. With "In spite of A, B happened", B needs to be something that's either the opposite of A, or at least doesn't match A.
For example, "In spite of loving me, he hurt me" or "In spite of the amount of money she has, she spends almost nothing on her family". "In spite of" means the same as "despite" (this will help only if you know what that word means).
As far as I can tell from your piece, what happened at the closing ceremony appears to be exactly what you might have expected.
Note that "inspite" is not one word. The phrase is "in spite of".

Please note my corrections above. I don't know what you mean by the underlined part.

You haven't used the phrase correctly. With "In spite of A, B happened", B needs to be something that's either the opposite of A, or at least doesn't match A.
For example, "In spite of loving me, he hurt me" or "In spite of the amount of money she has, she spends almost nothing on her family". "In spite of" means the same as "despite" (this will help only if you know what that word means).
As far as I can tell from your piece, what happened at the closing ceremony appears to be exactly what you might have expected.
Note that "inspite" is not one word. The phrase is "in spite of".
My mistake once again. The word is "righteousness" not "righteous" (underlined part).
Thank you very much for the reply and explanation. It helped a whole lot!

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back