Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
When we tell someone:"I wanted tell you something but I changed my mind and I don't say", how can we say it?

It means I got upset from you and I don't say (something I wanted to say you) else.

It means I got upset [STRIKE] from[/STRIKE] with you, and I don't want to say [STRIKE](something I wanted to say you)[/STRIKE] anything else.
See above.

I also note that you've asked the same question on another forum.

https://www.englishforums.com/English/ChangeMyOpinion/bmcdcw/post.htm

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.

The answers in this forum are very good and understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[STRIKE]Ecuse me Moderator,[/STRIKE] I apologize [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] (to you).
There's no real need to apologize, moseen. But thanks for the gesture, anyway. :)
You're a new member on both forums, so you probably didn't know.

There's no real need to apologize, moseen. But thanks for the gesture, anyway. :
Thank you. I never do it from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we tell someone:"I wanted tell you something but I changed my mind and I don't say", how can we say it?

I was going to tell you something, but I (have) changed my mind.

I was going to tell you something, but I (have) changed my mind.

if we because of upset(sad)from someone got dissuade and we don't say anything else, should we say something you have said?

Is it okay to say as follow?

"I changed my mind"

I think the brackets around 'have' there suggest the word is optional, i.e. can be omitted.

if we because of upset(sad)from someone got dissuade and we don't say anything else, should we say something you have said?

If you don't want to upset the person, why not say nothing at all about it?

If you don't want to upset the person, why not say nothing at all about it?

For example, I'm talking to you, but you do not pay attention to me.Then I get upset and say I wanted to say something but I got dissuade and we don't say it.

You are not listening, so I am not going to say any more.

Last edited:
What's wrong with "to have second thoughts"?

I was going to say something but you clearly weren't listening so I had second thoughts and kept quiet.
I was going to say something but you clearly weren't listening so I changed my mind and kept quiet.
I was going to say something but you clearly weren't listening so I had a rethink and kept quiet.
I was going to say something but I thought better of it when I realised you weren't listening.

What's wrong with "to have second thoughts"?

I was going to say something but you clearly weren't listening so I had second thoughts and kept quiet.
I was going to say something but you clearly weren't listening so I changed my mind and kept quiet.
I was going to say something but you clearly weren't listening so I had a rethink and kept quiet.
I was going to say something but I thought better of it when I realised you weren't listening.
Thank you. I understand. Your answer is very, very good.

If we are upset with someone and thus don't say anymore, can we use your sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back