He is always complaining that "my classmates"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
My classmates are always distracting me.

Okay. Thanks. That's useful for us to know.

Thanks a lot.

Is there no way I can use "sending signals" ?

Two things. One, what's a pre-intermediate adult? Two, "sending signals" doesn't work unless you explain it.

No, don't, because it's not clear what it means. It doesn't sound right, anyway.

What is something I can use with similar meaning?

My classmates are always hitting on me in the class?

What is something I can use with similar meaning?

My classmates are always hitting on me in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] class?

Or:

My classmates are always flirting with me in class.

alpacinoutd,

Why do you want to talk about classmates hitting on each other? Is that the best example of annoying behaviour you can think of? If so, fair enough, but leave it as hitting on me. Don't change it to flirting with me because if you so, you're going to lose the meaning you're trying to show.

Do you understand that?

I see. Because flirting is not necessarily that annoying and it's kind of mutual. Right?

So this is my final sentence. Is it OK?

Linda’s attractiveness has caused her some problems at university. She sometimes complains, “My classmates are always hitting on me in class and distracting me".

You think flirting has to be mutual?

And you can "hit on" somebody without talking to them?

Does any learning go on in that class?

How does a person's attractiveness cause them problems?

How does a person's attractiveness cause them problems?

It's just an example. He is attractive and his female classmates keep looking at him and wink at him and does not allow him to concentrate.

It's just an example. He is attractive, and his female classmates keep looking at him and wink at him and distract him.

I have decided that you are not talking about that sentence at all. I was distracted by focusing on semantics instead of grammar.

Finished.

It's just an example. He is attractive and his female classmates keep looking at him and winking at him and this does not allow him to concentrate.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back