handwriting style

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether my mother adopted that style when she was working on her high-school equivalency in 1946 England and never updated it. It would explain one bit of why I always found her handwriting so hard to decipher. (As far as I know, it was never used here in the United States.)

I wonder whether my mother adopted that style when she was working on her high-school equivalency in 1946 England and never updated it. It would explain one bit of why I always found her handwriting so hard to decipher. (As far as I know, it was never used here in the United States.)
Hm. Possibly. But people have a hard time deciphering my handwriting, and I've never been to England.

Hm. Possibly. But people have a hard time deciphering my handwriting, and I've never been to England.
She learned to write in pre-war Poland. After she was liberated by the Red Army, she worked for the Soviets briefly, helping with paperwork. She probably learned Cyrillic handwriting then. There were a number of writing systems in Europe in those days, and they all differed from what was taught in the United States. I used to think Mom had adopted bits from every one she was exposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back