shoulder blade, scapula

Last edited:

..all the time from February to now. February included
..all the time since February to now. February excluded
So
All the time since January to now.

No, neither forms tells whether you mean to include February.
Note that I gave you "since February" (which means 'from February to now'), not "since February to now" (which doesn't make sense).

shoulder blade, scapula
Exactly. The "shoulder tip" is where the outer end of your collar bone (clavicle) joins the top of the scapula.

If the from form is used as a preposition of place what then?

I started to clean the room from the corner on the east side. Did I start to clean out of the corner or the corner was included.
Obama is supposed to move the troops from Irak to Afganistan.
Seems to me the troops are inside Irak and not somewhere around the state.
I went from Doboj to Drvar. (the towns in Bosnia)
I was inside Doboj and not at the outer edge of its suburbs, though.
:?:

Last edited:

No, neither forms tells whether you mean to include February.
Note that I gave you "since February" (which means 'from February to now'), not "since February to now" (which doesn't make sense).

shoulder blade, scapula
Exactly. The "shoulder tip" is where the outer end of your collar bone (clavicle) joins the top of the scapula.

I know nothing at all about your lesson on human anatomy and I care less, this is not an "Ask the Doctor" forum.
As for your answers in English, I disagree, "Since February" means from the end of February until now.;-)

I know nothing at all about your lesson on human anatomy and I care less, this is not an "Ask the Doctor" forum. """":roll:""""

But might all the problems have started after I had used some total herbicide to clean up my mountain place of the unwanted weeds and in the period from 4 years ago to two years ago. (since wouldn't work here I think) Did this period last for two years or one only?

So as to increase my English vocabulary I've talked about anything I got on my mind, haven't I? And I got the proper words for the body parts I had mentioned, haven't I?.
But at last, we talked about proper use of the preposition from in the period from 4 years to two years ago.

So would someone answer the question about lasting of the specified period.

Last edited:
But I'm not sure only the gal is responsible.
But I also have another problem in the right and mostly top part of my head in which I fell some pins and needles from time to time but also some kind of pain all the time from February to now.

It is evidently the same gal.

There will be words, when she gets home.

MrP

I know nothing at all about your lesson on human anatomy and I care less, this is not an "Ask the Doctor" forum.
As for your answers in English, I disagree, "Since February" means from the end of February until now.;-)
Human anatomy, and indeed medical terms are becoming more widely used by the community with access to the internet.
It was e2e4 who asked about "scapula", not me. It was e2e4 who posted his medical history. It was you who used the word "psychosis", and I'm surprised that you aren't even vaguely interested in the meanings of the words you use. Honestly.
And if a poster says "gal" when he means "gallbladder", then it's very ambiguous; it should be corrected on language terms.
There are possibly whole tomes of words that you are not interested in, but that is not my concern. I didn't send that reply to you, but to e2e4.

Where I come from, since February means since sometime in February.

Last edited:
All right I've made mistake. I should have said gall bladder instead of gal.

gal
I got info that in formal BrE gal is (or was) unit of measurement.
In informal AmE gal means a girl or a woman and mostly in a humorous way.
Hey you old gal one..

gall
He has the gall to ask his friend about the grammar.
The situation here, in which I can't find a decent job, galls me much.

It is galling to have all those cheap goods on the market as a competition. It's for a trash bag and not for any use, actually, but people buy it.

I don't know whether is my gall bladder in good condition or maybe not.
Anyway Mr. Pedantic seems as if it's easier to cut out the gall blader than to kick out the gal from your life or even head.;-)

Last edited:
gall
He has the gall to ask his friend about the grammar.
The situation here, in which I can't find a decent job, galls me much.

It is galling to have all those cheap goods on the market as a competition. It's for a trash bag and not for any use, actually, but people buy it.

I don't know whether is my gall bladder in good condition or maybe not.
Anyway Mr. Pedantic seems as if it's easier to cut out the gall blader than to kick out the gal from your life or even head.;-)
You'll have to stop talking that way, or bhaisahab will march you gallantly to the gallows. :-D

You'll have to stop talking that way, or bhaisahab will march you gallantly to the gallows. :-D

I've never been at.
What's that?

a little bit more of gallows humor. :mrgreen:

P.S. That wouldn't be his the most gallant move, anyway.:mrgreen:

In addition and regarding to the gal I'll tell you what! She told me I am the right cove to her and not any other one. ;-)

Last edited:
I've never been at.
What's that?

a little bit more of gallows humor. :mrgreen:

P.S. That wouldn't be his the most gallant move, anyway.:mrgreen:

In addition and regarding to the gal I'll tell you what! She told me I am the right cove to her and not any other one. ;-)

In addition and regarding the gal I'll tell you what! She told me I am the right cove for her and not any other one.:)

...but i think that the better one is "since yesterday". We use since + the beginning of a period /from the past to now/. We can use "from" for periods of time, like from 1856 to 1920...
I like this explanation. It helps me easily recognize situation where I can use 'since' and where 'from'.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back