Difference between “I’d seen him” and “I saw him”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@the batman learner I have edited your post to replace "kinda" with "kind of". We are an English language site so we use only standard English. Chatlish terms like “kinda“ are not to be used in our forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible. Unfortunately there are lots of people in India who speak English regularly but don't necessarily speak it well. :)

My point is that it's not a standard feature of Indian English to drop articles, though it's common.

As an Indian who's spent most of my life in India, I can assure you there are people who use articles and try to speak it correctly (correctly as per native speaker standards).
There are very many people in England, the USA, Australia etc. etc. who, though it is their native language, and they speak it all the time, do not speak or write English very well at all.

There are very many people in England, the USA, Australia etc. etc. who, though it is their native language, and they speak it all the time, do not speak or write English very well at all.
Right. And their mistakes are still considered mistakes, aren't they, even if there are a lot of such people? It's no different in India. The fact that many regular English speakers in India don't use articles (or make other mistakes) doesn't make that mistake acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back