Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Yesterday, while I was watching gymnastics competitions, my mum kept saying that those sports were useless and training caused a lot of damage to athletes. I told her not to be so negative, just watched the show, or not to watch. This morning, we learned that Hong Kong team had won gold in fencing, and I was very happy. She again said something negative, like the win was useless because the champion had suffered from kneel injuries. My mum just always tries to destroy my happy mood and I hate that! The most useless things are the clothes she bought and never wear!

Last edited:
Yesterday, while I was watching gymnastics competitions,
If you mean in the Olympic Games, say "... the gymnastics competitions/events in the Olympics/Olympic Games".
my mum kept saying that those sports were useless and that the training caused causes a lot of damage/harm to athletes. I told her not to be so negative, and to just watch ed the show, or not to watch it if she found it all that objectionable. This morning, we learned that the Hong Kong team had won gold in fencing, and I was very happy. She again said something negative, like the win was useless because the champion had suffered from got kneel injuries while training for the big event. My mum just always tries to destroy my happy mood and I hate that! The most useless things are not the Olympics but the clothes she bought and never wears!

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back