Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Yesterday, my mum bought a book about stock trading and asked me to read it. She has been living by buying stock for almost twenty years. She thinks that it's time for me to learn investment so that I could earn more money against inflation. I'm not good at numbers so I'm not sure if I can do it. However, my mum doesn't good at too. Maybe I take a look at the book to see if I like it first.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Yesterday, my mum bought a book about stock trading and asked me to read it. She has been living by buying stock for almost twenty years. She thinks that it's time for me to learn investment (to invest) so that I could earn more money make my money grow against (as a way) to beat inflation. I'm not good at numbers so I'm not sure if I can do it. However, my mum doesn't good at too. Maybe I should take a look at the book to see if I like it first.
Maybo, I don't understand the underlined parts. Could you please explain?

Maybe she thinks you should invest in stocks as a hedge against inflation. (I don't know if you've heard that expression.)

Maybe she thinks you should invest in stocks as a hedge against inflation. (I don't know if you've heard that expression.)
No, I learnt a new expression!

Maybo, I don't understand the underlined parts. Could you please explain?
She relies on the money she earns from the stock market to survive.

My mum doesn't good at numbers too.

She isn't good at numbers either. (Not "too".)

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back