Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Since it's Chinese ghost month now, there are a lot of news articles or posts about things we shouldn't do in this month. I stumped on a thread about that in a forum last night. When I read the last suggestion, it read "if you don't reply to this thread, you will see ghosts." I can't believe in this era, I still saw that kind of trick. Many years ago, that trick was used to make a thread popular or to simply scared people. I didn't reply to the thread because I think the one who deserve to see ghosts is the thread starter, and not me! He has a bad conscience!

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Since it's Chinese ghost month now, there are a lot of news articles or posts about things we shouldn't do in this month. I HAPPENED on a thread about that in a forum last night. When I read the last suggestion, it read "if you don't reply to this thread, you will see ghosts." I can't believe in this era, I still SEE that kind of trick. Many years ago, that trick was used to make a thread popular or to simply SCARE people. I didn't reply to the thread because I think the one who deserveS to see ghosts is the thread starter, and not me! He has a GUILTY conscience!
I don't know if he has a guilty conscience, but I'm sure it is a trick. That is, he knows that will work with some people, and he uses that to get responses.

Since it's Chinese ghost month now, there are a lot of news articles or and posts about things we shouldn't do in this month. I stumped stumbled upon a thread about that in a forum last night. When I read The last suggestion no comma here it read "If you don't reply to this thread, you will see ghosts." I can't believe that, in this era day and age, I still saw I'm still seeing that kind of trick nonsense. Many years ago, that trick it was used to make a thread popular or simply to simply scared scare people. I didn't reply to the that thread because I think the one who deserves to see ghosts is the thread starter, and not me! He has a bad conscience!
See my changes above. I don't know what the final sentence is supposed to mean.

I'm not keen on your use of "Many years ago" when it's followed by something about posts on the internet. I would take "Many years ago" to refer to something like the 1970s/1980s etc, way before most people were using the internet!

He has a bad heart.
How do you know he has a medical condition to do with his heart?
I don't think this is what you mean either. Are you simply trying to say that, in your opinion, he's a bad person?

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back