Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My mum and brother have been convincing me to learn driving. My mum thinks that if I knew how to drive, we could live in the rural area. I don't want to because I'm worried that I would get hit by other cars. I don't think I have quick reactions to those kind of accidents. At first, I was strong-minded but, later, I've changed my mind. Even though I don't like to drive but if I were in a car and the car driver passed out, at least I would be able to drive the car to safety.

My mum and brother have been convincing trying to convince me to [ 1] learn take driving lessons. My mum thinks that if I knew how to drive, we could live in the countryside. rural area. I don't want to because I'm worried that I would get hit by other cars. I don't think I have quick reactions to those kind of and may have an accident.
See above.
[ 1]: Alternatively, you can say "... to learn to drive".
At first, I was strong-minded but, later, I've changed my mind. Even though I don't like to drive but if I were in a car and the car driver passed out, at least I would be able to drive the car to safety.
That's not well written. Reword it.

At first, I was strong-minded but, later, I've changed my mind because an advantage of knowing how to drive occurred to me. If I were in a car and the car driver passed out, at least I would be able to drive the car to safety.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back