Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

A few days ago, I saw an eye doctor, and, today, I used the eye drop she prescribed to me. My eyes felt irritating for a few minutes after using it. I'm going to call the hospital next Monday to see if that was normal. The doctor said I have to wait for my eyes to recover itself naturally and the eye drop is only for relief purpose. If so, I might as well not using any eye drops to aviod further irritation.

A few days ago, I saw an eye doctor no comma here and, today, I used the eye drops she prescribed to me. My eyes felt irritating irritated for a few minutes after using it them. I'm going to call the hospital next Monday to see if that was is normal. The doctor said I have to wait for my eyes to recover itself naturally and the eye drops is are only for to give me a bit of relief. purpose. If so that's the case, I might as well not using use any eye the drops, in order to avoid further irritation.
Even if you put just one drop in your eye at a time, we still refer to the medication as "eye drops".
Some people wouldn't use the commas around "today".
Your eyes weren't irritating - that means they were annoying someone else!

I don't really understand what the doctor said. Do you mean that the actual cause of your eye problem will go away on its own and the drops are simply to stop your eyes or itching (or similar)? You need to make it clearer what you're supposed to be getting relief from.

I don't really understand what the doctor said. Do you mean that the actual cause of your eye problem will go away on its own and the drops are simply to stop your eyes or itching (or similar)?
Yes. It will go away on its own. She said maybe my irritation came from dust or pollen, but since we are getting into summer, this kind of irritation will become less. The drops are to stop my eyes itching.

Yes, it will go away on its own. She said maybe my irritation came might be coming from/might be caused by dust or pollen, but since we are getting into summer, this kind of irritation it will become happen less often/frequently. The drops are to stop my eyes itching.

Or:

The drops are to make my eyes stop itching.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back