Can 'lie down' be replaced with 'lie'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can never remember which is which between 'prone' and 'supine' (not that I've ever needed to).

Has anybody got a handy mnemonic for it?

I thought of one that I can't post here. It works only for males. :)

I can never remember which is which between 'prone' and 'supine' (not that I've ever needed to).

Has anybody got a handy mnemonic for it?

Since you are at it, could you answer my last post? Then, I'll find you a mnemonic.

So, everybody ignores me here? I no longer mean anything to you?

You wrote something in another thread which makes me feel a lot less inclined to help you.

You wrote something in another thread which makes me feel a lot less inclined to help you.

Help me so that, when my masterpiece becomes a worldwide success, you will be able to brag that you helped me.

So, everybody ignores me here? I no longer mean anything to you?
You haven't clicked "Thanks" once in 26 posts so far. I took the trouble and risk of agreeing with you against advice from other teachers.
You cannot tell that everyone is ignoring you, because not everyone is sitting here just waiting for your next question. I've just logged back on and, rather than ignoring you, have made a considered decision not to answer your latest question at this time.

You haven't clicked "Thanks" once in 26 posts so far. I took the trouble and risk of agreeing with you against advice from other teachers.
You cannot tell that everyone is ignoring you, because not everyone is sitting here just waiting for your next question. I've just logged back on and, rather than ignoring you, have made a considered decision not to answer your latest question at this time.

I have no reason to thank someone if they answer only to post wisecracks and make my life difficult. I thank a post when it is really helpful.

Well, posts 4, 5, 8 and 10 were actually helpful (I only took the time to check page 1 of this thread). You might not have liked what they had to say but ...

I have no reason to thank someone if they answer only to post wisecracks and make my life difficult. I thank a post when it is really helpful.

Many of us have spent a lot of our free time not only trying to answer your questions, but also trying to point out problems with your questions that you may not be aware of. And since you seem to be not only ungrateful of this, but also quite unapologetically rude to us, then I decline to answer any more of your posts.

The truth is that your English vocabulary is simply not good enough to even be published, let alone become the next great work of world literature.

Many of us have spent a lot of our free time not only trying to answer your questions, but also trying to point out problems with your questions that you may not be aware of. And since you seem to be not only ungrateful of this, but also quite unapologetically rude to us, then I decline to answer any more of your posts.

The truth is that your English vocabulary is simply not good enough to even be published, let alone become the next great work of world literature.

At post 10, you said that 'in' is only for stationary positions and I should replace it. I asked, how about 'into'? Then, in post 15, contradicting yourself, you're telling me that 'in' is better. I ask you why you said otherwise at post 10 and you never answer. If you call that help, then yes, I am ungrateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back