Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Is the folowing sentence correct and natural?

You can buy a more gifts from the Disney store.

When you say "more", you are making a comparison. What are you comparing to?
Perhaps you mean to say, "There is a wide range/variety of gifts available at the Disney store".

@output: can you tell us why you included that "a" in your sentence please?

@output: can you tell us why you included that "a" in your sentence please?
I saw "a more" from the CNET review. And I found it from my colleaguses e-mails. Is it wrong?

I saw "a more" from the CNET review. And I also found it from in my colleaguses colleague's/colleagues' e-mails. Is it wrong?
What is a "CNET review"?
It's wrong in this context. The two words can go together in other sentences, such as "I have a more important meeting than you".

No. Drop the "a" from your sentence. "You can buy a more gifts from the Disney store."
The word “store” should be capitalized. “You can buy more gifts from the Disney Store.”

What is a "CNET review"?
Source: Wikipedia It is an American media website that publishes reviews, news, articles, blogs, podcasts and videos on global technology and consumer electronics. CNET has the highest readership among web news sites. It has over 200 million readers per month. It is among the 200 most visited websites globally in 2015.

Do you know what the indefinite article "a" is used for?
After checking the sources from Internet, I wrote my answer as the following sentence in red, please correct me if I'm wrong.

"You can buy a more gifts from the Disney store."
"a" is here that is specific identity not known and if it is count nouns, I will use "a" here. However, it doesn't make sense if I use "a" here. Because gifts are here is count nouns and I know which gifts.

"a" and "more" both are using together because I found the content from CNET but I don't the articles. Too older and I can't remember it.

After checking the sources from Internet, I wrote my answer as the following sentence in red, please correct me if I'm wrong.

"You can buy a more gifts from the Disney store."
"a" is here that is specific identity not known and if it is count nouns, I will use "a" here. However, it doesn't make sense if I use "a" here. Because gifts are here is count nouns and I know which gifts.

"a" and "more" both are using together because I found the content from CNET but I don't the articles. Too older and I can't remember it.
Unfortunately, absolutely none of the text in red makes any sense. It's all ungrammatical. You're trying to understand and write English that's above your level.

Unfortunately, absolutely none of the text in red makes any sense. It's all ungrammatical. You're trying to understand and write English that's above your level.
I'm writing how to use the indefinite article "a" and "an" and "the". After checking the website, I don't need to use "a" to start my sentence. It doesn't make any sense. The sentence should be
I can buy the gifts from the Disney Store.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back