attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or re. the original 2. "attached is the file...."

I was going to mention that it is possible to start the sentence with "Attached" but I fear it's a little too advanced for the OP.

The one is a statement. ("I attached a file.") The other is an instruction.

All the questions are here. I underline in red that I don't understand why the other is an instruction.

How can I give instruction to my sentence? How can I order people to do something? How can I try to control people for myself?

All the questions are here. Where?

I underline in red that I don't understand why the other is an instruction. The other what?

How can I give instruction to my sentence? Are you asking us how to write an imperative sentence?

How can I order people to do something? If you are in charge of them, it's easy to order them to do something. You just tell them to do it.

How can I try to control people for myself? Do you want to be a dictator or a despot?

See above for my queries in response to your various questions.

Polyester, an instruction tells you what to do. For example, if you order something and it comes unassembled the instructions tell you how to put it together.

www.onelook.com

Polyester, an instruction tells you what to do. For example, if you order something and it comes unassembled the instructions tell you how to put it together.

www.onelook.com

Tarheel,

I know the instruction meaning. I have checked the dictionaries again and again. To avoid misunderstand, I don't understand the point is "why do you think my sentence is an instruction"? That's an normal sentence and without any instruction included inside. Please tell me what do you think?

See above for my queries in response to your various questions.

See below for my answer in red to your various questions.

All the questions are here.
Where?
That's mean I don't understand why Tarheel said my sentence including an instruction.

I underline in red that I don't understand why the other is an instruction. The other what?
He said that my sentence including an instruction.

How can I give instruction to my sentence? Are you asking us how to write an imperative sentence?
No, I asked the question to Tarheel.

How can I order people to do something? If you are in charge of them, it's easy to order them to do something. You just tell them to do it.
NO,NO,NO.

How can I try to control people for myself? Do you want to be a dictator or a despot?
NO,NO,NO.

When you say "Attach this file" you are telling somebody what to do. That is an instruction.

(The sentence doesn't include an instruction. It is an instruction.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back