[Grammar] are some communicate sentences of mine correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't use "would be" or "would have been". I used "wouldn't say" and "would say".

Can you please tell me what's kind of this conditional sentence?

There's no conditional sentence.

There's no conditional sentence.
He said: "If you were talking to a friend about someone else, you wouldn't say "I was a student for 15 years". You would say "He" or give the guy's name."
I don't know if this is a conditional sentence?

He said: "If you were talking to a friend about someone else, you wouldn't say "I was a student for 15 years". You would say "He" or give the guy's name."
I don't know if this is a conditional sentence?

Yes, it is a conditional sentence. Looks like the second conditional, never mind the continuous aspect of the verb form in the if-clause.

Not a teacher.

I am not ready yet.
I haven't been ready yet.

Please tell me which sentence is correct?

Only the first is correct.

I am not ready.
I was not ready.
I will not be ready.

I can't think of any other tense which works with "to be ready".

Only the first is correct.

I am not ready.
I was not ready.
I will not be ready.

I can't think of any other tense which works with "to be ready".

Thank you so much.
Another situation, a guy tell me that I am wrong, but I don't think that.
I make a plan to prove that I am right.
can I say to him: "I am gonna make you realize that you are (or were?) wrong, not me, and wait for that, I nearly succeed"

Thank you so much.
Another situation, a guy tell me that I am wrong, but I don't think that.
I make a plan to prove that I am right.
can I say to him: "I am gonna make you realize that you are (or were?) wrong, not me, and wait for that, I nearly succeed"

It's fine up to the word "me" then it all goes wrong. If you have only made the plan and you haven't started making him/her realise that s/he's wrong, then you can't say "I nearly succeed" (which is grammatically wrong anyway - I assume you meant "I nearly succeeded" or "I have nearly succeeded".)

It's fine up to the word "me" then it all goes wrong. If you have only made the plan and you haven't started making him/her realise that s/he's wrong, then you can't say "I nearly succeed" (which is grammatically wrong anyway - I assume you meant "I nearly succeeded" or "I have nearly succeeded".)

I mean I have not succeeded yet at the moment.

Then you need "I will succeed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back