Appointments

If you have an appointment, which sentence do you use?

• Total voters
I think that I'm seeing the dentist.... is the correct answere

Not quite. If I would hear somebody say "I think that I'm seeing the dentist" I would think that person is looking at somebody and is not sure if that person is the dentist (who would have been mentioned previously).

:)

I've answered equally and I don't understand that explanation:
Not quite. If I would hear somebody say "I think that I'm seeing the dentist" I would think that person is looking at somebody and is not sure if that person is the dentist (who would have been mentioned previously).
Why will you think that person is looking at somebody but not the dentist?

For starters, "I think that I'm seeing the dentist" is not one of the options. Also, if you think you are seeing something you are not sure what it is you are looking at.

(It may be about time to close this thread.)

I gonna see the dendist tomorrow... :cool:

hehe, I dont think i need to vote, 'cause i never have an appointment:)

hi,
for me, I will see the dentist tomorrow at 3. it's a futur
can we know the correct answer please?

The only one I would consider wrong is:
I see the dentist tomorrow at 3.

..going... is correct .I think so,because we know exactly when we need to see the dentist.

not a teacher

I picked option 2 but in fact I'd probably say "I am going to the dentist tomorrow."

The only one I would consider wrong is:
I see the dentist tomorrow at 3.
I see that as a natural example of the 'present simple for scheduled/timetabled events in the future'.

I think this one depends more on the context of the conversation. If you were asked, "When do you see the dentist?" and you respond, "I see the dentist tomorrow at 3," that would be fine.

But it wouldn't fit as well if you were asked, "When will you see the dentist?" so then you'd have to use the "will see" response etc.

I could come up with an example for any of these, but suffice it to say, each one would have a place in the right context.

is this right?

I have a appointment with the dentist tomorrow at 3.

I think this one depends more on the context of the conversation. If you were asked, "When do you see the dentist?" and you respond, "I see the dentist tomorrow at 3," that would be fine.

But it wouldn't fit as well if you were asked, "When will you see the dentist?" so then you'd have to use the "will see" response etc.
That's fine in theory. In practice, I think we respond with the thought that is uppermost in our minds, regardless of the form of the question.

Back