Any other word or phrase to express "fart"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. But do you agree "fart" is a foul language?

Does 'foul language' have the same meaning of 'bad words' and 'rude words'? If they are the same, which one is more commonly used?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest "trouser trumpet"...
L:lol:L, that's great! :mrgreen:

Her Britannic Majesty the Queen-Empress Victoria was once entertaining the His Imperial Majesty the Czar and Autocrat of all the Russias. They were riding in the open state coach through the grounds of Windsor Castle, when one of the horses raised its tail and expelled gas noisily and aromatically.

The rather strait-laced Victoria was very embarrassed; she turned to the Czar and said, "I am most terribly sorry, your Imperial Majesty".

"Think nothing of it, Your Imperial Majesty," replied the Czar. "Until you spoke, I thought it was the horse."

:shocked!::rofl:

You're probably familiar with this anecdote:

Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford, was " making low obeisance" to Queen Elizabeth I when he farted. Overcome by embarrassment, he left England and traveled for several years on the Continent, until the gross offense was forgotten. When he came home and presented himself at court the first thing the Queen said to him was, “My Lord, I had forgotten the fart.”

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back