Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I know that after some adjectives if a verbs comes immidiately one can use either an infinitive or a verb-ing, for example, "It was great to talk to you/It was great talking too you". Could you please list some of the most common adjectives used this way? I know only "great", "wonderful".

No. It's not a question of learning which adjectives can be used this way. Instead, focus on learning the difference in meaning between using the infinitive or -ing phrases.

I know that after some adjectives if a verbs comes immidiately one can use either an infinitive or a verb-ing, for example, "It was great to talk to you/It was great talking too you". Could you please list some of the most common adjectives used this way? I know only "great", "wonderful".
Not a teacher (added by moderator)

Besides "great" and "wonderful," some common adjectives used with both infinitives and gerunds are:

1. Enjoyable
  2. Nice
  3. Interesting
  4. Pleasant
  5. Exciting
  6. Difficult
  7. Easy
  8. Frustrating
  9. Annoying
  10. Boring

Welcome to the forum, @josephbunny. 😀

Please note that you are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly in your posts.

(It has been done for you in post #2.)

Back