a designation of material for mailing or shipping as defined by the United States Postal Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldfishLord

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Bound printed matter refers to a designation of material for mailing or shipping as defined by the United States Postal Service (USPS).

Source: https://bizfluent.com/about-6574134-bound-printed-matter-.html

1. What's the grammatical construction of the bold part?
2. What does "as defined by the United States Postal Service" modify?

Last edited:
The USPS is responsible for the official definition. "Bound printed matter" is anything that fits the definition of "material for mailing or shipping".

"Bound printed matter" is anything that fits the definition of "material for mailing or shipping".

I don't think that's what it means.

I think it means that 'bound printed matter' has a certain working definition, as far as the USPS is concerned. The definition is something like 'permanently bound paper with printed information on the pages'. If material fits that definition, it's then designated as 'bound printed matter'.

Why did you post in this forum, GoldfishLord? Are you trying to understand the meaning or are you looking for a syntactic analysis?

Why did you post in this forum, GoldfishLord? Are you trying to understand the meaning or are you looking for a syntactic analysis?
I'm looking for a syntatic analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back