a concocted description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarheel,

I attempted to say that though the sun had come out, but the intensity of heat and brightness of it was not there since it had just began to rise.

Again you use too many words. Try:

It was early morning.

Or:

It was right after sunrise.

Or:

It was early morning, and the sun's heat hadn't yet warmed up the day.

In your sentence you use several meaningless words.

Tarheel:

Is it better?

Both hands resting on the railing of the window, Arnold looked outside and viewed
a dazzling blue, cloudless sky.

OK. (I don't know that I'd want to be dazzled when looking at the sky.)

Tdol

Perhaps being extremely demanding in terms of salary and other perks, Arnold never worried about resigning his present job and got out for a better one.

I would appreciate if you could please rephrase the above mentioned sentence, since I cannot find [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] any mistakes.

You can start with Perhaps. You need to write shorter, simpler sentences. You can't handle longer ones.

tedmc:
1. Arnold was demanding in terms of salary and perks from any prospective employer.
2. Since Arnold was an skilled and talented person, he had enough confidence and courage to think that if he resigned his current job he would surely get a better job in terms of salary and other benefits.

Use "the" if you are referring to a specific company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back