Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Moldova
[Entire post deleted by moderator because the OP refused to cite the source and author.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Woman: What did you think of Wendell's performance today? Would you agree that his debut at national level can't be far away?

Man: Well, it's good to see his growing confidence in his own ability over the season. And scoring a goal that soon into a match is bound to cause a stir, but as for the national squad — well, that's another question.
Where did you find that? Please cite it properly.

Hello @armruseng and welcome to the forum. Further to @teechar's query, be advised that this is a legal requirement. Whenever someone's words are quoted in the forum we must give the title of the work and the author's name. After you've provided that information we'll be able to answer your question.

Thanks everyone for your willingness to help. I already consulted with ChatGPT and it/he/she confirmed that my choice of "a" was correct. No legal rights infringed. May everyone have a peaceful sleep.

You still need to tell us where you found the text. @probus has explained why. If you fail to provide that info, the thread might get deleted.

Delete the thread please. I'm afraid reaching out to humans is becoming way too complicated and risky. And many thanks for (hopefully) not trying to sue me for my post.

Is "reaching out to humans" meant humorously?

I wouldn't try to sue someone. I would either do it or not.

Is "reaching out to humans" meant humorously?
No, it's not funny at all. Modern humans in the so called "civilized/free/democratic" societies have turned into a pack of fears psychological traumas and restrictions. These days you can't ask even the simplest question without re-checking a thousand times whether you are going to infringe someone's copyright or hurt the feelings of the rainbow community or those supporting the genocide in Gaza. So sickening.

I would either do it or not.
I'd like to see you give it a try.

If I was an extraterrestrial I would use "humans" more freely than I do now

I wouldn't try to sue somebody. I would either do it or not. (What would trying to do that look like?)

If I was an extraterrestrial I would use "humans" more freely than I do now
I mean what I say, unfortunately. I'm deeply ashamed of being a representative of the human society or, rather, what it has turned into during my lifetime. That's why I often regard humans from the standpoint of an extraterrestrial being. I wish I was one. Modern humans treat the planet and the life on the planet as if they are some alien invaders. I really find it hard to associate myself with humans. I hope this explanation satisfies your curiosity as to my free use of "humans".

What would trying to do that look like?
The whole point of suing someone is the presumption that you are going to succeed, win, etc. (call it whatever you want, I'm sure you see what I mean). In my case you are highly unlikely to succeed, hence the word "try".

The point of suing somebody is to win damages from them in court.

The point of suing somebody is to win damages from them in court.
The question remains open: "Are you or (is) anyone else likely to win damages from me for my initial post?"
The obvious answer (for me at least) is NO. Hence "try".

Time for this thread to end.

I have deleted the contents of post #1 because of the risk of copyright infringement, with the OP refusing to divulge the source. Other learners will wish to take note - when we ask for the source and author, we mean it. The OP has had their post deleted and he/she has been temporarily banned. We don't take the UK copyright laws lightly and nor should our users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back