Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
UK

Background:

This is a question on my job application form:
Please describe how your personal qualities would contribute to our success.

My question:
Can I say "my skills will contribute to your company's success"?

My answer for the application form question:
I am confident that my skills will contribute to your company's success.
I have team working skills, which can make your company operate more smoothly.
Etc.

I worry 2 things:
1) skills may not be personal quality.
2) "my skills will contribute " may cause the reader think that i am lying, because I seem to guarantee that I must be able to make the company successful.

Thanks

Background:

This is a question on my job application form:
Please describe how your personal qualities would contribute to our success.

My question:
Can I say "my skills will contribute to your company's success"?

My answer for the application form question:
I am confident that my skills will contribute to your company's success.
I have team working skills, which can make your company operate more smoothly.
Etc.

I worry 2 things:
1) skills may not be personal quality.
2) "my skills will contribute " may cause the reader think that i am lying, because I seem to guarantee that I must be able to make the company successful.

Thanks
I agree. Skills are generally not personal qualities.
Also telling a potential employer that you "can make [his] company operate more smoothly" sounds a little presumptuous.

What you need to do is 1) decide what personal qualities are needed for the job, 2) decide whether you have any of them, 3) tell you potential employer about the ones you have and why you think they would be relevant.

>Can I say "my skills will contribute to your company's success"?
No, they want to know how? Why do you think this?
They want some evidence that you've thought about the specific job and questioned your ability to do it.

I agree. Skills are generally not personal qualities.
Also telling a potential employer that you "can make [his] company operate more smoothly" sounds a little presumptuous.

What you need to do is 1) decide what personal qualities are needed for the job, 2) decide whether you have any of them, 3) tell you potential employer about the ones you have and why you think they would be relevant.

>Can I say "my skills will contribute to your company's success"?
No, they want to know how? Why do you think this?
They want some evidence that you've thought about the specific job and questioned your ability to do it.

Hi,

I want to tell the employer that:
I have good problem solving and communication skills.

Can I say:
I am good at problem solving and communicating.

Thanks
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hi,

I want to tell the employer that:
I have good problem solving and communication skills.

Can I say:
I am good at problem solving and communicating.

Thanks
Yes, but it still sounds so generic. It still gives the employer no idea that you even know what the job is.

Here are some "personal qualities" of two young women applying to be a veterinary nurse:
A: I'm good at problem solving in relation to animals and am good at communicating with them.
B: I love animals. I have been surrounded by animals all my life, from the dogs and cats we have at home to the cows and sheep that I've spent several summers caring for at my uncle's farm. Animals seem to find me non-threatening. I considered human nursing, and even though I'm interesting in medical things, I'd rather care for animals. I volunteered at a koala rescue sanctuary for a few months months last year, so I know I can handle being around sick animals without getting too emotional.

Which potential employee would you be more interested in?
Which woman has told you something about her personal qualities and how they would contribute to the company's success?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back