Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Canada
I am looking for a slang word for 'teacher'. Any help, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
With my classmates.

To sound slightly rude.

In my distant schooldays we had a teacher whose vision was poor despite his thick glasses. We called him Squinty. It was cruel and stupid of us. Don't do things like that.

To sound slightly rude.

How likely do you think it is that we're going to help you and your classmates be rude to your teacher(s), given that a lot of us are teachers ourselves?

Beak is an old-fashioned word for head teacher. In my experience, people are just generally rude about an individual teacher and pick on specific characteristics.

What I need is a generic slang name for any teacher not just for this or that. Like we call 'cop' any policemen.

What I need is a generic slang name for any teacher, not just for [STRIKE]this or that[/STRIKE] a specific one, like the way we can call [STRIKE]'cop'[/STRIKE] any [STRIKE]policeman[/STRIKE] police officer a "cop".

I don't think you're going to get one.​

I am looking for a slang word for 'teacher'.

NOT A TEACHER

Here in the United States, some young people might occasionally use the word "teach" as slang for "teacher."

1. "I'm not in trouble again, am I, Teach?"

Google result: Your Dictionary "teach" meaning

2. "Yo man, got that [unpleasant] English teach next period." (American secondary schools traditionally have six classes or periods each day.)

Google result: Teach -- Urban Dictionary

Mind you, it is a surprisingly slang-poor environment. You could fill pages with words for police, doctors get a fair few, and teachers get teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back