Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello!

I will be grateful if someone can help me correct my mistakes.

''Zavodovski Island

Zavodovski Island is an uninhabited island lying in the Southern Ocean. It is surrounded by stormy seas and island itself is an active volcano.

This remote island is home to the chinstrap penguin colony which is the greatest penguin colony in the world. It is hard to guess what the extreme lenght penguins go to to survive is, if you have never seen a chinstrap penguin.

There is plenty of food in waters near the island, and without risking their lives, penguins can not exploit it. Living here is extremely difficult. However, there are also something good for the colony. Island's warmth melts the snow early in the year, and the island is covered with chicks. Their parents are guarding them until they are large enough to be left alone.

Everday, penguins go to the sea to find food and life of chicks depends on this dangerous journey. Parents take turns at looking for food, because one of them needs to stay and look after chicks. This cycle is repeated for the whole year.''

Thanks for your help!

Hello!

I will be grateful if someone can help me correct my mistakes.

''Zavodovski Island

Zavodovski Island is an uninhabited island lying in the Southern Ocean. It is surrounded by stormy seas and island itself is an active volcano.

This remote island is home to the chinstrap penguin colony which is the greatest penguin colony in the world. It is hard to [STRIKE]guess what[/STRIKE] imagine the extreme[STRIKE] lenght [/STRIKE] lengths the penguins go to to survive[STRIKE] is[/STRIKE], if you have never seen a chinstrap penguin.

There is plenty of food in the waters near the island and, without risking their lives, the penguins cannot exploit it. Living here is extremely difficult. However, there are also something good for the colony. The island's warmth melts the snow early in the year, and the island is [STRIKE]covered[/STRIKE] teeming with chicks. Their parents [STRIKE]are guarding[/STRIKE] guard them until they are large enough to be left alone.

Everyday, the penguins go to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] sea to find food and the [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] lives of the chicks depend[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] on this dangerous journey. The parents take turns [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] looking for food, because one of them needs to stay and look after the chicks. This cycle is repeated[STRIKE] for[/STRIKE] the whole year.''

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
everyday = ordinary
every day = at least once in each 24-hour period

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back