Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I wrote the audio campus tour guidance as following. Please help me make it sound natural. Thanks a lot.

While strolling along the sidewalk of campus to the southeast corner ramp, come into view the Yu-Qin Building, an eye-catching, imposing, vermilion-colored construction. It features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture with round house. It blends the beauty of Hakkanese history and construction, revealing the Hakkanese cultural traits, symbolizing the Hakkanese spirit of dogged perseverance and the stubbornness and insistence on the principle of doing the right thing, , and implicating the Hakkanese culture is sustained by passing on from generation to generation.
(Music background: Somewhere belongs to me)

I wrote the audio campus tour guidance as following. Please help me make it sound natural. Thanks a lot.

While strolling along the sidewalk of campus to the southeast corner ramp, come into view the Yu-Qin Building, an eye-catching, imposing, vermilion-colored construction. It features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture with round house. It blends the beauty of Hakkanese history and construction, revealing the Hakkanese cultural traits, symbolizing the Hakkanese spirit of dogged perseverance and the stubbornness and insistence on the principle of doing the right thing, , and implicating the Hakkanese culture is sustained by passing on from generation to generation.
(Music background: Somewhere belongs to me)
I don't understand the parts in blue.

I think it's probably the "campus tour audio guide".

I rewrote the campus tour audio guide as follows. Please help me make it sound natural. Thanks a lot.

While strolling around the campus, you will pass a ramp on the southeast side. There you will see the Yu-Qin Building, an imposing and eye catching vermilion-colored building with a round shaped corner wall. This building features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture. It is a blend of Hakkanese history and the beauty of Hakkanese construction that reveals the Hakkanese cultural traits, symbolizing the Hakkanese spirit’s dogged perseverance and tenacity insisting on always “doing the right thing,” and implying that the Hakkanese culture has many rich and varied elements that have been passed down from generation to generation.
(Background music: Somewhere belongs to me)

Last edited:
[STRIKE]While strolling[/STRIKE] As you stroll around the campus, you will pass a ramp on the southeast side. There, you will see the Yu-Qin Building, an imposing and eye-catching vermilion-colored building with a round-shaped corner wall. This building features the characteristics of Hakkanese architecture. It is a [STRIKE]blend[/STRIKE] reflection of Hakkanese history and the beauty of Hakkanese construction that [STRIKE]reveals the[/STRIKE] embodies Hakkanese cultural traits. It also symbolizes [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] the Hakkanese spirit of dogged perseverance and tenacity, insisting on always “doing the right thing,” and implying that the Hakkanese culture has many rich and varied elements that have been passed down from one generation to the next. [STRIKE]generation.[/STRIKE]
(Background music: Somewhere Belongs to Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back