Your English will be greatly improved....

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Last night, I talked with a group of friends in a local English club. Bob was new here and he was a beginner. He couldn't express himself well and most of the time, he got stuck when speaking English. Then I gave him some suggestions. One way was he could remember English words every day and tried to use them by creating different contexts, and after a period of time, I said:

Your English will be greatly improved.

Is the sentence natural? If not, please help me with a natural one.

Last night, I talked with a group of friends in at a local English club.
@Silverobama I have lost count of the number of times I have changed "in" to "at" in similar sentences in your previous threads. Please take notice of our corrections!
Bob was new there and he was a beginner.
You're not at the English club now so you can't use "here".
He couldn't express himself well and, most of the time, he got stuck when speaking English no full stop here Then so I gave him some suggestions.
See above.
One way was that he could remember learn/memorise a few new English words every day and tried try to use them by creating different contexts. and after a period of time A little while later, I said:

Your English will be greatly improved.

Is the sentence natural? If not, please help me with a natural one.
Your sentence is OK. I'd probably precede it with something like "If you do that, ...". I'm not sure I'd use the passive there.
If you do that, your English will improve a lot.

Please take notice of our corrections!
I do take notice of your corrections and suggestions. For example, don’t use the “then” very often. I was a bit surprised when you said this because I thought in was correct! Anyway, thanks a lot and I’ll be careful when posting things again.

I do take notice of your corrections and suggestions.
I was specifically referring to your repeated use of "in an English club".
For example, don’t use the “then” very often.
You used it in appropriately in your original text in this thread.
I was a bit surprised when you said this because I thought in was correct! Anyway, thanks a lot and I’ll be careful when posting things again.
It's OK. Just take a little more time and care.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back