You have just finished a three-week study…

Status
Not open for further replies.

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
STUDYING ENGLISH OVERSEAS

This report aims foremostly to assess my personal experience as a student being part of a programme. It was organised for us to both enter a workforce temporarily and develop our English skills.

OVERALL OPINION
At no time had I expected the course to have such a noticeable impact on my life. Not only have I increased my fluency and boosted my confidence while speaking the language, but i have had the opportunity to leave my comfort zone into the bargain.
From daybreak to day’s end I was productively learning: I attended classes until noon and displayed an administrative role in a local library.

SALIENT POINTS TO BE HIGHLIGHTED
Broadly, the programme was well-structured. I was particularly pleased by the division of the classes into sections , with the objective of gaining knowledge of a wide range of vocabulary (collocations, phrasal verbs…)
Additionally, given the library was enormous I got to recommend books about literature and tourism.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE
To my mind, I was so occupied that time flashed by. However, it would have been icing on the cake of we had done more sightseeing. The programme could include a couple of guide tours for us to practice our listening while observing our surroundings. Given the chance and the choice, I would by all means travel with the agency again, even if this was not implemented.

I hope this report is feliciously phrased so that it will be taken into account for next year’s programme.

What is the purpose of this piece of writing and what do you want us to do with it? You need to ask a question or make a request in your post.

I was wondering if it could be revised broadly ( I saw other writings being corrected in the forum)

I was wondering if it could be revised broadly ( I saw other writings being corrected in the forum)

Yes, we can do that but you need to make it clear in post #1 that that's what you want us to do. Start with something like "I wrote this piece [for practice/for an assignment]. I would be very grateful if you could correct any errors."

I'm pretty sure this is a CAE writing task. If it is, it will be very useful to some of us to be clear about that, as there are particular ways that these tasks are assessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You use unusual language, including words I rarely if ever see.

You use unusual language, including words I rarely if ever see.

Yes, I have not seen the word "feliciously" either. Even "felicitous" is not common.

Yes, I have not seen the word "feliciously" either.
That's because it does not exist. It should be felicitously.

This report aims foremostly to asses my personal experience as a student being part of a programme.

Perhaps:

My goal is to discuss my experience as part of the programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back