Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
This post is about a specific use of a swear. The linked video contains quite a lot of swearing, too. It comes from Harry Mack's youtube video where he goes on Omegle to talk to strangers around the world to show off he can make a rap about random words chosen by the random strangers.

Harry met a young, obviously drunk and/or drugged up girl that showed him his PJs and asked:

"You f**k with the drip?"

Later on, Harry rephrased her sentence to "Don't you love the drip?"

I'm familiar with quite a lot of uses of this arguably beautiful, incredibly versatile word, but this is a new one. I think I would be clueless as to what she meant if I was talking to her, but Harry understood it immediately without a problem.

I take the logic goes: you'd f**k with it → it's attractive to you → you like it.

How common is it to ask if someone would "f**k with" something you want to get their opinion about? Would you understand it?

Last edited:
This post is about a specific use of a swear word. It comes from Harry Mack's youtube video where he goes on Omegle to talk to strangers around the world to show off that he can [STRIKE]make a[/STRIKE] rap about random words chosen by [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] random strangers.

Harry met a young, obviously drunk and/or drugged up girl [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] who showed him [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] her PJs and asked:

"You f**k with the drip?"

Later on, Harry rephrased her sentence to "Don't you love the drip?"

I'm familiar with quite a lot of uses of this arguably beautiful, incredibly versatile word, but this is a new one. I think I would be clueless as to what she meant if I was talking to her, but Harry understood it immediately without a problem.

I take it that the logic goes: you'd f**k with it → it's attractive to you → you like it.

How common is it to ask if someone would "f**k with" something you want to get their opinion about? Would you understand it?

I definitely wouldn't have understood it. In BrE, "to f**k with someone" means to mess them around or to be belligerent towards them.

Note that I put asterisks in the relevant word throughout your post. I know you were trying to obscure it by changing the font colour, but you left all four letters in, in the right order, which means that search bots will still find the word. You have to remove at least one letter.

I definitely wouldn't have understood it. In BrE, "to f**k with someone" means to mess them around or to be belligerent towards them.
That'd be my first instinct, too, if I heard it from her.

Note that I put asterisks in the relevant word throughout your post. I know you were trying to obscure it by changing the font colour, but you left all four letters in, in the right order, which means that search bots will still find the word. You have to remove at least one letter.
Noted.

It usually means mess with, confront, fight with, challenge, get up in the face of, get nasty with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back