Yeah, 'cause you said that you cooked everyday. So, I just thought that I would come

• Thread starter B45
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,792
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

Yeah, 'cause you said that you cooked everyday. So, I just thought that I would come by and try your cooking.

Are the sentences above correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of grammar and usage they are pretty well perfect. I prefer every day to everyday. Also I have a small difficulty in imagining who you might say this to.

Yeah, 'cause you said that you cooked everyday. So, I just thought that I would come by and try your cooking.

Are the sentences above correct?

Not if written like that, no.

The first 'sentence' has no main verb. What's the reason for 'Yeah'?

Change the full stop after 'every day' to a comma; change 'So' to 'so' and delete the comma after it.

Note to other students: 'cause is an informal abbreviation of because.

Change the full stop after 'every day' to a comma; change 'So' to 'so' and delete the comma after it.

I think you mean "You said that you cooked every day, so I just thought that I would come by ..."?
In that case 'cause should be deleted, right?

I think 'cause' can stay and you can take 'so' out also.

As you've already been told, 'every day' should be two words and there should be no comma after 'so'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back