Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi you guys,

I have an essay about writing about your daily routine. I'd like to know your feedback along with possible grammatical errors and other mistakes. Please help me out. Thanks!

Everyday, I get up at 5.45 am in the morning. I brush my teeth, wash my face and get dressed. It takes me about 15 minutes to get ready. I then have a light breakfast at 6.00 am and prepare to go to school. Then, I leave home and go to school at 6.20 am.

I usually go to school by bike. Sometimes I go to school on foot, as my school is not that far. It usually takes 5-10 minutes to go by bike and about 15-20 minutes to walk to school. I go together with my close friend, Daisy and often some other friends. We either start chatting or going over the school material after we reach school, and classes start at 7.15 am. We have four periods per day, about 50 minutes each period and 10 minutes relax time between periods. We go home as classes finish at 11.15 am.

I have lunch with my family at 12.00 am. At noon, I usually have nothing to do after lunch. I then begin taking a nap to prepare for a fresh and lively afternoon. I like sports and I often participate in playing games and sports in the afternoon. Every afternoon, I am usually together with my close neighborhood, Daisy. We fly our kites, play badminton and even play dodgeball when we have more players. Sometimes, we just wander around or go to the park to kill time. Our afternoon ends at 5.00 pm and I have to return home to help my family with cooking and other work. After a day full of activities I often take a shower at 5.15 am and then help my mother with her dinner. We have dinner at 6.00 pm and watch television together. After dinner, I help my family by cleaning up the food and washing the dishes. I often have to do my homework till 8.00 pm and sometimes when I've got no homework, I play computer games. My hobbies in the evening are reading comics, watching cartoons, chatting and playing video games. Finally, I turn in at 9.00 pm and sleep with my little sister.

Last edited:
Everyday, I get up at 5.45 am in the morning.
Use "am" or "in the morning", but not both!

I brush my teeth, wash my face and get dressed. It takes me about 15 minutes to get ready. I then have a light breakfast at 6.00 am and prepare to go to school. Then, I leave home and go to school at 6.20 am.
Instead of repeating "then", use "afterwards" or "After that."

I usually go to school by bike, but sometimes I [STRIKE]go[/STRIKE] walk [STRIKE]to school on foot,[/STRIKE] as my school is not that far. It usually takes 5-10 minutes to go by bike [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] or about 15-20 minutes on foot. [STRIKE]to walk to school.[/STRIKE] I go together with my close friend, Daisy, and often with some other friends too. When we get to the school, we either [STRIKE]start[/STRIKE] chat about different things [STRIKE]ting[/STRIKE] or go [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] over our homework. [STRIKE]the school material after we reach school, and[/STRIKE] Classes start at 7.15 am. We have four periods per day, about 50 minutes each, [STRIKE]period[/STRIKE] and we get 10-minute-breaks [STRIKE]relax time[/STRIKE] between periods. We then go home for lunch [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] when classes finish at 11.15 am.

I have lunch with my family at 12.00 am. At noon, I usually have nothing to do after lunch, so I [STRIKE]then begin taking[/STRIKE] take a nap to prepare for a fresh and lively afternoon. I like sports, and I often participate in [STRIKE]playing[/STRIKE] games and sports in the afternoon. Every afternoon, I am usually together with my close neighborhood, Daisy. We fly our kites, play badminton and even play dodgeball when we have more players. Sometimes, we just wander around or go to the park to kill time. [STRIKE]Our afternoon ends[/STRIKE] At 5.00 pm, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I have to return home to help my family with cooking and other work. After a day full of activities, I often take a shower [STRIKE]at 5.15 am[/STRIKE] and then help my mother [STRIKE]with her[/STRIKE] prepare dinner. We have dinner at 6.00 pm, after which I help with the washing up. [STRIKE]and watch television together. After dinner, I help my family by cleaning up the food and washing the dishes.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]I often have to[/STRIKE] After that, I do my homework which usually takes a couple of hours, but [STRIKE]till 8.00 pm and[/STRIKE] sometimes when I've got no homework, I play computer games. My hobbies in the evening are reading comics, watching cartoons, chatting and playing video games. Finally, I turn in at 9.00 pm and sleep with my little sister.

When are you going to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Thank you very much!

Just a side comment: 12 am is midnight. 12 pm is noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back