[General] Would you please ask Sean to add me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I met a couple (Sean and Dari) last night for the public speech. Then we established an online group to vote for the best speaker.

Later I wanted to add Sean into my friend list (like our forum but that's an app) but I couldn't add Sean because the app tells me "Sean doesn't allow anyone to add him here". So I added her wife Dari and said the following to Dari in that app:

Would you please ask Sean to add me? I tried adding him but he doesn't accept group requests.

Is the italic sentence natural?

Intended meaning: would you please ask Sean to add me to his friend list in that app? I tried to add him but I can't because he doesn't accept group requests for adding friends.

I met a couple, Sean and Dari, last night for a public speech. Then we established an online group to vote for the best speaker.

Later I wanted to add Sean into my friend list (like our forum but that's an app), but I couldn't add Sean because the app tells me "Sean doesn't allow anyone to add him here". So I added his wife Dari and said the following to Dari in that app:

Would you please ask Sean to add me? I tried adding him but he doesn't accept group requests.

Is the italic sentence natural?

Yes.

Intended meaning: Would you please ask Sean to add me to his friend list in that app? I tried to add him but I can't because he doesn't accept group requests for adding friends.

Yes again.
I changed the to a because we don't know what speech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's good.

[cross-posted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back