Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would appreciate any help to fix up this email I have typed up. I recently graduated about 3 weeks ago, and am going through my job search and would like to email one of my professors to ask for help or any contacts he may have to help me get into the industry. The email is below with "<>" being blocked out for privacy. Any help would be appreciated.

Dear Dr. <>,

I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend. I am a previous student of your <> class over this last semester, and have recently graduated. I really enjoyed the subject matter in these classes, and learned a great deal. I am looking to get into the industry and have been applying to jobs and would greatly appreciate any advice. I would also greatly appreciate any contacts you may have of people in the industry. Thank you for your time, I greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Hi kfuller2013, and welcome to the forum. :)
I would appreciate any help [STRIKE]to fix up[/STRIKE] with [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the email below. [STRIKE]I have typed up.[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]recently[/STRIKE] graduated about three weeks ago, and I am [STRIKE]going through my job[/STRIKE] searching for a job. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I would like to email one of my professors to ask for help or any contacts he may have to help me get into the industry. The email is below with "<>" being blocked out for privacy. Any help would be appreciated.

Dear Dr. <>,

I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend. I am a previous student of your <> class [STRIKE]over this[/STRIKE] from last semester, and I have recently graduated. I really enjoyed the subject matter in [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] your classes and learned a great deal. I am looking to get into the industry and have been applying [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for various jobs. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I would greatly appreciate any advice you may have for me in this regard. I would also [STRIKE]greatly appreciate[/STRIKE] be very grateful to you if you can give me any contacts you may have of people in the industry. Thank you, and my best regards. [STRIKE]for your time, I greatly appreciate it.[/STRIKE]

Yours sincerely,

Kyle Fuller.
[STRIKE] Best Regards,[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back