[Essay] would any one correct my essay ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamsmayaleh

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Lebanon
this essay is for TOEFL IBT plz help me .. and what score should i get
some people show their emotions, while other people work hard to keep their emotions from showing. What are the advantages of each type of behavior? which do you try to do?

There are many situations we face in our daily life. People reactions for these situations differ from one to another, some show many emotions while others keep their emotions for themselves. For me, I would say I'm the kind of person that shows her feelings most of the time. However, I think each of the two behaviors have their own advantages.
First to talk about are the advantages of the showing emotions behavior, I think the person who show his/her feelings is very honest person ;therefore, lying would be very hard thing to do and this is the most important advantage I think. Another one is that people who always show their emotions feel very relaxed all the time and they have nothing to worry about. For instance, when I'm angry with my boyfriend, I talk about the problem with him and tell him what I really feel then we solve it easily and I will have nothing to think about later.
Although there are advantages of showing emotions, sometimes keeping them is necessary and has many benefits. I think people who keep their feeling are strong and this way will help them to get through bad things happened. For example, the situation of losing a friend or getting divorced, if you keep crying or telling everyone that you are sad, you will finally be a miserable person and you are never going to forget about it, then all you have to do is keeping your emotions from showing and act like nothing is happened.
As a result, I can say that life full of bad and good things and we should know how to deal with every situation. Sometimes it is important to show our emotions and other times is not.

Last edited:
The first thing you should do is click "Edit Post" and fix the spacing around the punctuation.

- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Check your singular/plural agreements. For example, you have written "There is advantages​ ...".

The first thing you should do is click "Edit Post" and fix the spacing around the punctuation.

- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Check your singular/plural agreements. For example, you have written "There is advantages​ ...".
thank you i guess i corrected them

after I,ve corrected it could plz evaluate it again

Thank you. I [strike]guess[/strike] think I have corrected them.

After I've corrected it, could you [strike]plz[/strike] please evaluate it again?

Please look at the corrections I have made to your post in red. Always follow the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".

Remember to use full, standard English words. "plz" is not a word - it's "please".

Thanks again, but what about the essay? :eyes:

this essay is for TOEFL IBT plz help me .. and what score should i get
some people show their emotions, while other people work hard to keep their emotions from showing. What are the advantages of each type of behavior? which do you try to do?

[STRIKE]There are many situations[/STRIKE] We face many situations in our daily life. [STRIKE]People[/STRIKE] Reactions [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to these situations differ from one person to another - some show many emotions while others keep their emotions [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to themselves. [STRIKE]For me,[/STRIKE] I would say I'm the kind of person [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] who shows her feelings most of the time. However, I think [STRIKE]each of[/STRIKE] the two behaviors have their own individual advantages.

First I would like to talk about [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] the advantages of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] showing one's emotions [STRIKE]behavior[/STRIKE]. I think the person who shows his/her feelings is a very honest person. Therefore, lying would be a very hard thing to do and I think this is the most important advantage. [STRIKE]I think.[/STRIKE] Another [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] is that people who always show their emotions feel very relaxed all the time and they have nothing to worry about. For instance, when I'm angry with my boyfriend, I talk about the problem with him and tell him what I really feel. That way, [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] we solve it easily and I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] have nothing to think about later.

Although there are advantages [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] to showing emotions, sometimes keeping them in is necessary and has many benefits. I think people who keep their feelings in are strong and this [STRIKE]way[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] helps them to get through bad things [STRIKE]happened[/STRIKE] which happen. For example, in the situation of losing a friend or getting divorced, if you keep crying or telling everyone that you are sad, you will [STRIKE]finally[/STRIKE] end up being a miserable person and you [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] will never [STRIKE]going to[/STRIKE] forget about it. [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] So all you have to do is keep[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] your emotions from showing and act like nothing [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has happened.

As a result, I can say that life is full of bad and good things and we should know how to deal with every situation. Sometimes it is important to show our emotions and at other times is not.

Please see my suggested amendments in red above. I'm afraid I can't give you an idea of your score - I have never dealt with TOEFL IBT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back