Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please correct my mistakes.
Why you change your job?

I generally have a good job. The environment of work is satisfied but I still want to change my job. The following sentences are some reasons let you know why I want to change my job:
- My salary is lower than some people in the company.
- When my boss got some stress, he is used to scold his employees.
- He don’t permit his employees to take some days off in order that they are on vacation.
- The company doesn’t supply me necessary things to work such as: a computer, a pocket-computer, …I myself take those to the company.

Why do you want/wish to change your job?

I [STRIKE]generally[/STRIKE] currently have a good job. The work environment [STRIKE]of work[/STRIKE] is satisfactory, [STRIKE]satisfied[/STRIKE] but I still want to change my job. The following [STRIKE]sentences[/STRIKE] are some of my reasons [STRIKE]let you know why I[/STRIKE] for wanting to change my job:
- My salary is lower than some of my colleagues' salaries. [STRIKE]people in the company.[/STRIKE]
- When my boss [STRIKE]got some[/STRIKE] gets stressed, he [STRIKE]is used to[/STRIKE] usually scolds his employees.
- He [STRIKE]don’t[/STRIKE] doesn't permit his employees to take some days [STRIKE]off in order that they are[/STRIKE] to go on vacation.
- The company doesn’t [STRIKE]supply me[/STRIKE] provide the items necessary [STRIKE]things to[/STRIKE] for my work such as a computer, or a tablet/PDA. [STRIKE]pocket-computer, …[/STRIKE]I [STRIKE]myself take[/STRIKE] I have to provide those for use at work. [STRIKE]to the company.[/STRIKE]

Why do you want to change your job?
I currently have a good job. The work environment is satisfactory, but I still want to change my job. The following are some of my reasons for wanting to change my job:
- My salary is lower than some of my colleagues’ salaries (Can I use “ some my colleagues’ salaries?)
- When my boss gets stressed, he usually scolds his employees.
- He doesn’t permit his employees to take some days off to go on vacation.
- The company doesn’t provide (Can I use supply instead of provide?)the items necessary for my work such as a computer, or a tablet. I have to provide those for use at work.

Where are you getting these jokes from, chunchuntthn? Are you translating them from Vietnamese?

You should tell use the source to give proper attribution to the author.

Where are you getting these jokes from, chunchuntthn? Are you translating them from Vietnamese?

You should tell use the source to give proper attribution to the author.

I had no idea this was meant to be a joke.

I had no idea this was meant to be a joke.
But s/he's only been posting jokes the last half a dozen times. I just assumed this was one that I didn't get. To be honest, I obviously didn't read this post that closely. Nevertheless, even if it's not a joke, the question remains, and applies to any future jokes.

Last edited:
You keep liking my posts, chunchuntthn. So, are you going to answer the question I asked about the source of these paragraphs you are presenting? (I'm mainly referring to the jokes). Did you write them yourself? Or, are you translating them from a source that you won't divulge?

You keep liking my posts, chunchuntthn. So, are you going to answer the question I asked about the source of these paragraphs you are presenting? (I'm mainly referring to the jokes). Did you write them yourself? Or, are you translating them from a source that you won't divulge?
I am going to answer your question. Waite me in minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to improve my English skills, so I think that improving first writing skill is appropriate with me. I want to write everything but my words and my grammar is not good so I can’t write down my little idea. I decided to search the source from internet and the above jokes are one of them. Sometimes, I myself also write a paragraph such as “why do you want to change my job”.

Thank you. If your source is the internet, could you please provide a link in future?

please correct my mistakes at #11

I want to improve my English skills, so I think that improving [STRIKE]first[/STRIKE] my writing skills first is appropriate [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] for me.

I want to write [STRIKE]everything[/STRIKE] lots of things but my [STRIKE]words[/STRIKE] vocabulary and my grammar [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are not good so I can’t write down my little ideas.

I decided to search the source from internet and the above jokes are one of them. This doesn't make any sense. What do you mean by "I decided to search the source from internet?" What were you searching for the source of? You still need to post a link to the website(s) where you found the jokes.

Sometimes, I [STRIKE]myself[/STRIKE] also write a paragraph myself, such as “Why do you want to change [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] your job?" (no full stop here)

Please correct my mistakes [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in post #11.

See my corrections above.

I think you still need to concentrate on the basics. Work on being able to construct short, simple, correct sentences and then think about moving on to longer sentences and whole paragraphs.

This is my rewrite.
I want to improve my English skills, so I think that improving my writing skills first is appropriate for me. I want to write a lot of things but my vocabulary and my grammar are not good so I can’t write down my little ideas. I decided to search the source from the internet and I searched me a lot of stories about history, literature, fiction, poems etc and funny stories are one of them. I wrote my stories based on funny stories that I searched. Sometimes, I also write a paragraph myself (A reflexive pronoun can stand behind a pronoun or the end of a sentence. So I can write “I myself also write a paragraph, right?), such as “Why do you want to change your job?” (Why at the end of paragraph I can’t use a punctuation?)

This is my rewrite.
I want to improve my English skills, so I think that improving my writing skills first is appropriate for me. I want to write a lot of things, but my vocabulary and my grammar are not good, so I can’t write down my little ideas. I decided to search [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] for resources from/on the internet, and I searched [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] a lot of stories about history, literature, fiction, poems, etc. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] as well as funny stories. [STRIKE]are one of them.[/STRIKE] I wrote my stories based on funny stories that I found. [STRIKE]searched.[/STRIKE] Sometimes, I also write a paragraph about myself

See above.

(A reflexive pronoun can stand behind a pronoun or the end of a sentence. So I can write “I myself also write a paragraph, right?)
, such as “Why do you want to change your job?” (Why at the end of paragraph I can’t use a punctuation?)
I have no idea what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back