Why are you asking for girls pics"? Or "Why are you asking For females pics"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Why are you asking for girls pics"? Or "Why are you asking For females pics"?

I was only asking about these sentences. I have nothing to do with what a person wants. I requested you to please check my sentences .

"Why are you asking for girls pics"? Or "Why are you asking For females pics"?

Have I written these correctly? I didn't say anything to anyone. I would like to know whether I have written these correctly or not? If you could please check these?

Re: Why are you asking for girls pics"? Or "Why are you asking For females pics"?

I think your question was quite reasonable, and your other thread didn't deserve to be closed. It's very obvious you mean that you suspect the person was not actually female, though that's what he/she was claiming.

Why are you asking girls to send you their pictures?

Re: Why are you asking for girls pics"? Or "Why are you asking For females pics"?

I think your question was quite reasonable, and your other thread didn't deserve to be closed. It's very obvious you mean that you suspect the person was not actually female, though that's what he/she was claiming.

Why are you asking girls to send you their pictures?

Thank You for your reply. I was a bit confused as well. I was also thinking why it was closed and why everyone was angry at me :). I wasn't saying why a girl was asking for pics. I was just simply saying that I wanted to cross question that person because I am sure that wasn't a girl.

Could you please tell me whether my sentences are totally incorrect? What if I want to start my sentence with "Why are you asking for"?

Could you please tell me whether my sentences are totally incorrect?

"Why are you asking for girls pics?" means "Why are you asking for pics of girls?"

If that's what you want to say, you can say it, though it would be more traditional to use a singular noun in attributive position: "Why are you asking for girl pics?"

I would recommend only the singular in the other sentence: "Why are you asking for female pics?"

The question "Why are you asking for female pics?" has a broader application than "Why are you asking for girl pics?", since even old women are females.

Could you please tell me whether my sentences are totally incorrect? What if I want to start my sentence with "Why are you asking for"?

I think Why are you asking for girls' pics? isn't too bad in its proper context. I mean, it isn't totally incorrect.

I was only asking about these sentences. I have nothing to do with what a person wants. I requested that you [STRIKE]to please[/STRIKE] check my sentences .

"Why are you asking for girls' pics?" or "Why are you asking for females' pics?"

Have I written these correctly? I didn't say anything to anyone. I would like to know whether I have written these correctly or not? [STRIKE]If you[/STRIKE] Could you please check these?

With my punctuation corrections above, they are grammatically correct. However, it is more natural to ask "Why are you asking for pictures of girls?"

The confusion in your other thread stemmed from the fact that, in post #1, you said "I mean she was a girl but I believed she wasn't" (or something similar - I'm doing it from memory). Saying "she was a girl" means that she definitely was female. It doesn't make sense to then say that you didn't believe that. If you had written "She said she was a girl but I didn't believe her", that would have made more sense.
As was pointed out in the final post of the other thread, there is no reason that a girl wouldn't ask for pictures of other girls. She might be lesbian. If this is a real-life situation and you suspect that a man is asking for pictures of underage girls, you should take it up with the people who run whatever site or forum you were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back