United Arab Emirates

Dear all:

Ineed help to edit
can any one help??

Last edited:
What are 'Nancy standards'?

Thank you sir:
Here nancy standards'

Standard 1: The program promotes positive relationships among all children and adults. [...]

Standard 2: The program implements a curriculum that is consistent with its goals for children and promotes learning and development in each of the following areas: social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive. [[...]

Standard 3: Teaching The program uses developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches that enhance each child’s learning and development in the context of the curriculum goals. [...]

Standard 4: Assessment of Child Progress The program is informed by ongoing systematic, formal, and informal assessment approaches to provide information on children’s learning and development. [...]

Standard 5: Health The program promotes the nutrition and health of children and protects children and staff from illness and injury. [...]

Standard 6: Teachers The program employs and supports a teaching staff with the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse needs and interests. [...]

Standard 7: Families The program establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with each child’s family to foster children’s development in all settings. These relationships are sensitive to family composition, language, and culture. [...]

Standard 8: Community Relationships The program establishes relationships with and uses the resources of the children’s communities to support the achievement of program goals. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also those two and that's why need help, as it's not just words.

Regards,
Sara

Standard 9: Physical Environment The program has a safe and healthful environment that provides appropriate and well-maintained indoor and outdoor physical environments. [...]

Standard 10: Leadership and Management The program effectively implements policies, procedures, and systems that support stable staff and strong personnel, and fiscal, and program management so all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
These appear to be NAEYC standards.

In what way do you want them to be paraphrased? They appear to be written in a fairly clear way.

Yes, it is ... iwant to paraphrase each one with my own words. In other words,
want to understand the meaning of each one then rewrite using other words. Have anice day

By the way, this is not homework. Iwork in early childhood centre and
need to paraphrase to read in my speech. All bests

If they need to be in your own words, then you need to do that paraphrasing. Otherwise it will be OUR words, not yours. We can provide comments on what you do.

To make the thread less unwieldy, I have shortened post 3 and 4. The full standards can be found here.

Ok, i'll paraphrase with my own words then i'll post here

Remember to capitalise "I" at all times.

Please, can i begain advertising for the program by saying you know....... and what are the other words that can used to start advertising?

*PLEASE* remember that the pronoun "I" is always capitalized.
*PLEASE* remember that one period or full stop is all that is required. A random number of dots is not appropriate punctuation for anything in English.

I don't understand what you are advertising.

by saying you know
And no, I "don't know."

I don't know your audience. I don't know what you want them to do, think, buy, accept, advocate for, etc.

Please provide more context.

Last edited:
*PLEASE* remember that the pronoun "I" is always capitalized.
*PLEASE* remember that one period or full stop is all that is required. A random number of dots is not appropriate punctuation for anything in English.

I don't understand what you are advertising.

And no, I "don't know."

I don't know your audience. I don't know what you want them to do, think, buy, accept, advocate for, etc.

Please provide more context.

Dear miss:
Imean can I start writting by saying you know this program helps children to develop their skills. Iam speaking about Naeyc standards and my audience is students from my university, as Iwork as avolunteer in early childhood to add on my c.v. Any way I have along holiday and after writting I'll post to edit.

Best wishes,

I see. You mean you literally want to start off by using the words "You know..."

First, if you are sure that every member of your audience knows something, you can start with "As you know, ..."
If you are not sure if every member of your audience knows something, you can start with "As you may know, ...."

Make sure you capitalize NAEYC.

OK. Thank you.

You don't need to write a new post to say "Thank you". Usually, you can hit the "Thank" button at the bottom left of any post you find helpful. There are a few glitches at the moment so the button doesn't always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back