• Thread starter mira
  • Start date
  • Views : 65,617
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mira

Dearest teachers.

I saw 'hoe' when chatting in the chatroom. Seeing that, I was confused with what it meant correctly. Because it was unsuitable for the text at that time. As far as I know, hoe means a gardening tool to remove small weeds and break up the surface of the soil or else. But I guessed it was used by slang though I didn't understand what it meant exactly.
teachers, would you let me know? need your helps

many many thanks!

love,
mira

mira said:
Dearest teachers.

I saw 'hoe' when chatting in the chatroom. Seeing that, I was confused with what it meant correctly. Because it was unsuitable for the text at that time. As far as I know, hoe means a gardening tool to remove small weeds and break up the surface of the soil or else. But I guessed it was used by slang though I didn't understand what it meant exactly.
teachers, would you let me know? need your helps

many many thanks!

love,
mira
The word the person wanted to use isn't exactly a nice word, so s/he modified it by using another word that sounds just like it.

"hoe", a gardening tool, sounds just like this offensive word: Click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back