Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Can we ask insurance rep " What is the frequency allowed for a medical service"? Or "How many times can a service be performed in one year"?

Before we answer, please add the missing article, remove the space after the first quotation marks, and make the whole thing into one sentence, to avoid starting a sentence with "Or".

Do not write a new post - edit post #1.

Before we answer, please add the missing article, remove the space after the first quotation marks, and make the whole thing into one sentence, to avoid starting a sentence with "Or".

I can't edit it. There is no option available.

I can't edit it. There is no option available.

Now there's not, you're right! You've missed your opportunity. You have 24 hours (from the time you post something) to edit. I posted my response less than 20 minutes after you posted. I assumed you would see my response much faster. You seem to be on the forum a lot so it was a reasonable assumption on my part.

Now please post again (as a response, not a new thread), correcting those errors and then we can carry on.

Can we ask an insurance rep "What is the frequency allowed for a medical service" or "How many times can a service be performed in one year"?

Try:

How many doctor's visits (or whatever) in one year is covered by the insurance?

(You can ask the insurance rep whatever you want to ask.)

Try:

How many doctor's visits (or whatever) in one year is covered by the insurance?

(You can ask the insurance rep whatever you want to ask.)

I can ask "How many times can a particular service(for example a minor surgery) be performed every twelve months". Am I correct?

What is the allowed frequency for a particular service? Is this correct?

Your question is about insurance, not how often something can be done. You want to know what is covered and what is not covered.

You might say:

Is this covered?

Or:

How many are covered in a year?

I can ask "How many times can a particular service(for example a minor surgery) be performed every twelve months". Am I correct?

The second one works. The first is grammatically correct but doesn't ask the question I think you want answered. The service can be performed many times; don't you want to know how many procedures per year the insurance will pay for?

Most of us would prefer to have as few medical procedures as possible.

I missed a glaring error in post 1, and it appears again in posts 5 and 7. There is a missing punctuation mark in all your examples. It should appear after "medical service" in your first example, after "one year" in your second, and after "every twelve months" in your third. They start "How many ..." and "What is ..." and I am quite certain you know what punctuation mark should end utterances like that.

I missed a glaring error in post 1, and it appears again in posts 5 and 7. There is a missing punctuation mark in all your examples. It should appear after "medical service" in your first example, after "one year" in your second, and after "every twelve months" in your third. They start "How many ..." and "What is ..." and I am quite certain you know what punctuation mark should end utterances like that.

Sorry, I am confused. Please help.

What does "mark should end utterances" mean?

Come on tufguy! If you start with "What is ..." or "How many ...", what punctuation mark would you use at the end of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on tufguy! If start with "What is ..." or "How many ...", what punctuation mark would you use at the end of it?

I did use that "?".

Come on tufguy! If start with "What is ..." or "How many ...", what punctuation mark would you use at the end of it?

I can ask "How many times can a particular service(for example a minor surgery) be performed every twelve months"? Am I correct?

Is it correct now? Sorry, I was confused. There should have been two question marks.

Those three isolated words mean nothing. Look at them in context:

I am quite certain (that) you know what punctuation mark should end utterances like that.

I have highlighted the subject of each verb phrase.

Sorry, I don't understand.

I can ask "How many times can a particular service(for example a minor surgery) be performed every twelve months?" Am I correct?

Is it correct now?
Both sentences are grammatically correct. They ask "how many times is it possible to perform a certain procedure in a given period of time?" I think you're asking this in the context of medical insurance. Can you see what's missing from that question?

Both sentences are grammatically correct. They ask "how many times is it possible to perform a certain procedure in a given period of time?" I think you're asking this in the context of medical insurance. Can you see what's missing from that question?

Sorry, what is missing?

Can we ask an insurance rep "What is the frequency allowed for a medical service" or "How many times can a service be performed in one year"?
As Tarheel said, 'You can ask an insurance rep anything you like'. If he doesn't understand you, he'll ask you to clarify what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back