Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
After the kid comes you'll be tied down again

After the kid comes you'll be tied down again

The literal meaning of "tied down" is something that is secured, with rope, chains, etc, to stop movement. In this figurative sense, "tied down" means that the child's needs will interfere with the person's freedom.

The literal meaning of "tied down" is something that is secured, with rope, chains, etc, to stop movement. In this figurative sense, "tied down" means that the child's needs will interfere with the person's freedom.

Thanks a lot, MikeNewYork

dsank0, instead of sending your thanks in a separate message and quoting our replies back to us, just click the Like button, please.

Also, please state your native language/home country correctly. I find it rather unlikely as it is (a Zulu speaker born in Afghanistan).

dsank0, instead of sending your thanks in a separate message and quoting our replies back to us, just click the Like button, please.
Sorry, I didn't notice that feature :)

Also, please state your native language/home country correctly. I find it rather unlikely as it is (a Zulu speaker born in Afghanistan).
Sorry, It was kinda joke :-D I've corrected it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back